FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
DrBrainRedux
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> User Adventures View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New version up, which I've tested by running through a new game doing all the puzzles. All the hints seems to be working, but I haven't tried turning them off yet to see if they still show up. You'll see how it works; I think it's unintrusive to normal play.

btw, the keys seem to morph into blue ones (and back later...?) sometimes when you load, just watch out for that.

Apologies to anyone who has to re-do MirrorMirror3 - I really wanted to move that door.

---
Side note to Fost and Pooh bear: can I turn off sound being generated by moving lifts? They are annoying in this respect.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zharmad wrote:
Side note to Fost and Pooh bear: can I turn off sound being generated by moving lifts? They are annoying in this respect.

Sorry, there's no way to do this that I'm aware of currently.
Zharmad

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a loong break, working on a few rooms which are optional, but well scripted.

---
Hey Fost, is there a full list of effects/commands somewhere now? I'm trawling through MrRobot.000 (don't have one of those de-archiving/decompresser thingys) a bit more often than I'd care to. Have compiled a small set of LUA commands as well.

---
There's also another problem. The script seems to start running when I enter the room and see the room in zoomed out view (before I can do anything). I need to stop the script somehow until I get out of the zoomed view.

EDIT: I have a workaround for this...
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zharmad wrote:
Hey Fost, is there a full list of effects/commands somewhere now?

This is available in my current version, I'll sift through and double check everything sometime this week and post it up. Apologies, between now and last time I looked at it we've done nothing but work like nutters on various things.
punman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the camera didn't like the room. I think that can happen if the room has a very low ceiling or if its very long and thin.
Zharmad

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see the images when I copy the url, but I might be able to track it down eventually...

Yes, it kind of lacks direction because I haven't planned anything for the game itself. Looking at the entire map with your viewer, I'm getting the sense that this adventure is just a sandbox for all my puzzle ideas. Razz

What I'm thinking of doing is to upload a WIP which has a pop up when you get to the end of what I have.

I should probably double the number of waypoints. Very Happy Some extra conversations might lead the player towards what he's supposed to be looking for.
Zharmad

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the room name SDuct?
I've found one such blackhole camera where the location of Asimov matters as to whether it will output an error.

The 'room' is a long series of ducts.

---
I can't quite fix that atm, methinks maybe I could try to make every room effectively cubical, but don't like that solution.
punman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops. try http://geocities.com/evil_punman/drbrainerror.jpg
Zharmad

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that room? I'll try to see what's wrong with the camera.
The room you are in and the duct you're trying to reach, they are side tracks. I'll explain:

I've designed the adventure such that you can access *more* than the flooded parts of the deck. i.e. the places you need to reach, and additional roms which are not always necessary to progress. These are bonus puzzles leading ultimately to an extra item which you use elsewhere, or lots of energon.

I forgot to insert a statement from EVE that you're not where you need to be. Sad This has been fixed in my newest copy.

I hope that shuffling things around won't affect save files too much.

A design decision I've made is leaving loopholes in a couple of places because it's just so hard.

btw, I remember being able to reach both ducts without resetting the room, but you've got to keep most, if not all, pushable crates mobile.

Last edited by Zharmad on Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zharmad

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally- if there's a blackhole camera, just ignore always if you can bear to do the room without zooming out. Try entering that duct from the other entrance. Wink ('thar be two!) <- Don'e worry about that, it should be fixed,

It usually pops up in the ducts because the rooms dimensions are long and narrow.
--
I've fixed this and will place it for download in an hour or so.

---
EDIT: rather late this afternoon Australian EST.
EDIT2: Yay I have uploaded it! Still haven't finished the South side yet Sad, but I'm getting close.
EDIT3: Yep, I'm getting to the last bit. A couple of levels have a grandiose feel to it, but need a bit of time to focus on uni and actually planning the room.
Zharmad

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've finished one side!
---
This adventure is now considered complete to the end of the first half, which means I won't go on adding significant new content until it is approved.

Please notify of any potential progress-blockers and improvements - I've repeated runs up to 5 times now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> User Adventures All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: