FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Latest Editor Documentation / Requests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> User Adventures View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried out one of the user made adventures, the "save Huey" one ( I think it was done very nicely). I've looked at the scripting of the game, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, sure I could get a gist of whats going on, but i'm not sure what each value represents and what they do in the adventure. Also, does the placing of each line really makes a difference in the script?
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vyseblues wrote:
I've looked at the scripting of the game, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, sure I could get a gist of whats going on, but i'm not sure what each value represents and what they do in the adventure. Also, does the placing of each line really makes a difference in the script?

One thing to note - the editor docs that ship with the game are not the latest version - make sure to download them from the link (first post in this thread). If you look at the page: 'Room Scripts' it explains how the scripts need to be laid out from a non-programmy point of view. It also gives you an basic script to get started with. The command reference has examples for pretty much everything else (again, this was added in the newer docs).

We need some more intermediate tutorials, but it should help you get up and running.
Vyseblues

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, i'll take a crack at it either tonight or tomorrow and ask about anything I needs to know. But, keep working on that tutorial.
Vyseblues

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! Whats going on here? Did I kill the forum or what? It's like a ghost town around here. Oh, and Fost ( hmm, why does that name make me think of Banana Foster?), anything new about the comprehensive guide you said you were going to make?
SethP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vyseblues wrote:
Hey! Whats going on here? Did I kill the forum or what? It's like a ghost town around here. Oh, and Fost ( hmm, why does that name make me think of Banana Foster?), anything new about the comprehensive guide you said you were going to make?

It does that occasionally. The most active times are right on either side of a new game release, the activity level sort of fades in and out the rest of the time.

Mmm... Banana Foster...
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annoying isn't it. I like it when the forum is really busy. We just need to release games more regularly Wink
Inane

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or more developer diaries... Come on! The fifth is in 3 days!
Vyseblues

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I want to know is when Da Fost, is going to release a newer version of the tutorial. I really wants it. Exclamation
Vyseblues

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poo Bear wrote:
Annoying isn't it. I like it when the forum is really busy. We just need to release games more regularly Wink

Well, you don't have to, but it would be nice if this place had a forum where people could suggest ideas for new titles.
SethP

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vyseblues wrote:
Poo Bear wrote:

Well, you don't have to, but it would be nice if this place had a forum where people could suggest ideas for new titles.

Unfortunately the problem Moonpod has isn't lack of great ideas to make into games, it's lack of resources to make that happen.

If each post in this forum granted Moonpod $1000, found a great programmer/artist who integrated perfectly into their team, and sent them a free case of cola, then they might have use for an idea board Razz

Seriously, if you're interested in throwing around some game ideas I'm sure you could leave a post in either the Independant Game Development forum or just Game Talk. There's plenty of people who'd be happy to join in such a discussion, I'm sure.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vyseblues wrote:
it would be nice if this place had a forum where people could suggest ideas for new titles.

Yeah, to be fair, it does - that's the whole point in forums - just start a new thread Smile

SethP is right though - Mark's game design compendium is a small library in itself. If we worked on every game in there that we really want to make, then we'd probably finish a quarter of them before we die Sad

Definitely need to get more staff someday !
ewerybody

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
Definitely need to get more staff someday !
have a jobs page?! ;]

Currenty I feel like staying but .. maybe someday .. for you guys ..
need a technical artist, with loads of maya skills, scripting, special effects and pipeline knowledge?!? ;D
Crussh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Yawn* Fost cmon, i havent been on this forum for weeks and i finally come back and theres no updates?
What do you think people pay you for?
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I should find some time but fort he incredible time sinking distractions we've had laid on us at Moonpod of late. Massive external interest in producing a really cool project that we'd love to have been part of but sadly went nowhere.
ewerybody

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice to hear that! :]
I mean that there are so many peeps interested in you working for them.
doesn't surprise me :]

What's up with War Angels and Battlescape?
warangels video said coming 2006.. now 2007 is half gone ;]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> User Adventures All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: