FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
SaveHuey
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> User Adventures View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: SaveHuey

Mr. Robot User Adventure: SaveHueySaveHuey

On falling into a sub-level of Cryogenics, you discover a trapped nanomek named Huey. Huey can fit into maintenance shafts and open doors for you but only if you can help him to get there first!

CURRENT VERSION: 1.4
Blizgerg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a chance to play through version 1.4 (haven't played it sense version 1.0). This is a nice little mini adventure. I had fun. Last time I played it I only managed to get 70% of the power spheres but this time I was able to get 90%. I must have missed one somewhere... I thought I had gotten them all. Smile I'll have to play it through again when I have time and try to find them all.

One thing that might be nice to have is a way to get back through Wet Feet so one can go back to look for power spheres after completing the adventure.

Also, I think you might consider hiding some energon here and there... but you may not want to do that because it'd make it easier. Smile
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blizgerg wrote:
Last time I played it I only managed to get 70% of the power spheres but this time I was able to get 90%. I must have missed one somewhere... I thought I had gotten them all. Smile

Yeah, I have to admit, one sphere in particular is pretty evil. I should probably put some kind of visual clue in about where it is.

Blizgerg wrote:
One thing that might be nice to have is a way to get back through Wet Feet so one can go back to look for power spheres after completing the adventure.

Yeah good point. It cuts you off from the rest of the adventure once you go through there. Might need a fair bit of testing if I do that however, as the earlier adventures aren't necessarily set up for revisits. Should be ok though.
Sergenth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do enjoy the puzzles, and they are much more devious than the main game. "Stakker Humanoids" has given me the most trouble so far, but it was also the most rewarding when I found out, step-by-mistep-by-step, what the intended solution was.

I've just made it to the room past "Wet Feet" and even with the no-inertia patch, I'm having trouble with all of the long jumps. Normally, it wouldn't be a problem, but failing in the room after Wet Feet means doing Wet Feet all over again, which is taxing. I'd like a save right after Wet Feet!!! Just cut an alcove in the wall in "Descent" and place it there. I'll feel like progressing further then.

Power Spheres are a bit weird... I can pick up one in "Wet Feet" just by walking 1 full block height above it.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergenth wrote:
I do enjoy the puzzles, and they are much more devious than the main game. "Stakker Humanoids" has given me the most trouble so far, but it was also the most rewarding when I found out, step-by-mistep-by-step, what the intended solution was.

I keep forgetting how to do that one, which drives me amd in testing it!

Sergenth wrote:
even with the no-inertia patch, I'm having trouble with all of the long jumps.

Be warned that the noinertia patch is just a test - it's not official or anything and may break stuff! I love doing the wet feet room; it's pure platforming skill. Would you believe a slowed the water down from how it was initially? Smile It would be nice to have a script command to detect the difficulty mode set, then I could change the speed depending on it.

Sergenth wrote:
I'd like a save right after Wet Feet!!!
Yes, that's fair enough.

Sergenth wrote:
Power Spheres are a bit weird... I can pick up one in "Wet Feet" just by walking 1 full block height above it.

I know, it's borderline although I'm inclined not to alter it as it involves writing more accurate distance detection in lua, and I don't think there's a major benefit - you got to the platform it was on, so you picked it up. Pretty reasonable. Might see if I can reduce the height a bit though, as it only seems weird when you are above it, not when you are next to it.
Weeble
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really impressed. Some of it's a bit too punishing for my patience, though. I got to a hidden room off of a room with a crane, fell in the water twice and found myself all the way back in wet feet. I felt like I was punished for finding secrets. :( I can do the platform stuff, but generally not 100% of the time and not without practice, so all the water makes it quite frustrating. Still, this is a very imaginative adventure and I'm sure it will keep surprising me for a while yet.
Blizgerg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to do that secret room about 10 times before I got it. I finished the adventure, saved and went back to do that room to complete it as there was less of a distance to go when I died.

I hadn't beaten that room before the save point was added to the end because I new I would die a lot trying to get it and I didn't want to have to rework several rooms every time.
Weeble
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to the save-point at the end, came back to Crane Train, and found that the button to lower the water didn't work anymore. Is that normal?
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weeble wrote:
I got to the save-point at the end, came back to Crane Train, and found that the button to lower the water didn't work anymore. Is that normal?

No I should look at that. I probably mark the room as complete once Huey is rescued, so nothing else operates after that. Obviously, I was thinking in a linear mindset - returning to that room not something I'd considered.

So:
  • Save point after wet feet.
  • Crane train - enable switch if room complete.
  • Add a way to lower the water again in wet feet.

I actually thought most people would get stuck in 'Head Case', but it seems you are all to cunning for my tricks. Smile
Weeble
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which one was Head Case?
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Room Number 3. The deep long one which you fill with water.
Weeble
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, yes. That one's pretty good. It's very clever, but not too hard to figure out by trial and error. I'm glad Huey doesn't have a life counter, or I'd have been in trouble!
Weeble
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't figure out how to get to the high platform in Wet Feet. Are any of the following statements untrue?
  • There is no way to lower the water once it's risen above the switch.
  • There is no way to raise one crate higher than another.
  • There is no lift or moving platform in the room.
  • The water rises no higher than the platform with the exit.
The only other thing that I can think of is that you get to the platform from another room altogether, but if that's the case, I've no idea how to get there.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weeble wrote:
I can't figure out how to get to the high platform in Wet Feet. Are any of the following statements untrue?
  • There is no way to lower the water once it's risen above the switch.
  • There is no way to raise one crate higher than another.
  • There is no lift or moving platform in the room.
  • The water rises no higher than the platform with the exit.
The only other thing that I can think of is that you get to the platform from another room altogether, but if that's the case, I've no idea how to get there.

All those statements are true (although I'll be changing point one when I get a sec so you can go back through the rooms), and you are on the right track Smile
Blizgerg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I realized I wanted to mention and forgot.

I thought the dialog in this adventure was absolutely hilarious.

I'm curious as to what kind of comments are appropriate for user adventures. Currently I've been given comments on what I think was awesome and what I think would make it better. But would it be appropriate to then give a suggestion as to how I think my suggestions to make it better might be done complete with pictures and lua code snippets?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> User Adventures All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: