FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Adumbrate
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> User Adventures View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject: Adumbrate

Mr. Robot User Adventure: AdumbrateAdumbrate

This adventure is a work in progress. I decided to go ahead and release a version of it because it is at a point where someone might find it fun to run around and explore or use some of the rooms for other room ideas. Some rooms are very difficult, there is almost always a way to go around.

CURRENT VERSION: 0.1
punman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you send a copy to evil_punman at yahoo dotcom please? I am unable to download it in-game.

I'm excited to see the wandering platforms in action

edit: nevermind, just snagged the .rar from the support forum
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Punman - I don't think you have linked your forum and game accounts. which is why you can't download unapproved adventures - does it not say this on the use adventures forum?
punman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm embarrassed -- My Account was not linked. It took me about half an hour of fiddling around just with account linking to get things going again.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

punman wrote:
Well, I'm embarrassed -- My Account was not linked. It took me about half an hour of fiddling around just with account linking to get things going again.

No worries, gladf you are up and running now - why an hour and a half though?
punman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

half of an hour alt-tabbing from the Mr.robot ->update->manual screen where you can't paste a generated password (pressing ctrl makes the cursor move out of the box), to the forum preferences, to the 'my games and preferences' page, to my email to confirm email changes, figuring out which password (is that an o or 0?) and user name is needed where, all with an incorrect idea of whats going on lodged in my head the whole time.

I'll try to get around to writing an FAQ about it sometime to help other people through the process.
Zharmad

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see unapproved adventures myself in-game, either. :/ AFAIK I have the two things linked.

Maybe I should try reinstalling or something?
Crussh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This adventure will be the death of me. >_<
I cant for my life find a way through the hundreds of rooms but its still a very cool adventure xD
Zharmad

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the switches dont seem to do anything (the one in z3r2), others are stuck (e.g. z3r4). Are these intended, and would you want some bug testing on our behalf?

---EDIT: Ahh...

---
Later impression:

There seems to be a lot of teleporting rooms here... Razz I have maybe nearly 2/3 mapped out? Is there a pot at the end of that twisted rainbow?

Last edited by Zharmad on Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zharmad

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, aside from bugs it seems alright.

e.g. Hmm.. I have an invisible/unpushable crate in z1r7 (upper) which means I can't complete that room..

Looks like a giant sandbox to me. Smile

Last edited by Zharmad on Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crussh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a giant hedge maze to me. ._.
Zharmad

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All done, and now active!

That wasn't as easy without the hints -> maybe you could make the introduction a bit longer to explain the goals more clearly.
Blizgerg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I think your right about making the introduction longer to explain things.

Most of the switching that appear to do nothing effect other rooms. Should I make a comment when you press them or something?

The rooms with lots of teleporters are the duct mazes. It is a 4D maze using up down left right as 2 dimensions and 4 teleporters for the 4 other directions. (8 directions for 4D) You can go pretty much anywhere in the map through them.

Keep in mind though that several rooms are dead ends right now. (z3r4 being one of them, though the switches will all activate if you get all the controls but the door doesn't lead anywhere yet)

Yes, it is a giant sandbox really. Smile

Zharmad, the unpushable crate in z2r7 is intentional, your supposed to solve the puzzle with only the crates on the floor that you can push. I suppose this room is a little strange. Maybe I should remove the little cubby hole behind there so that that unpushable crate doesn't need a invisiblock to make it unpushable or something? This is one of the rooms that I was referring to as being difficult (it takes me a minimum of 10 tries every time to get all three of those creates over onto the switches, and I know how to do it!). Have I understood what your comment was about?
Zharmad

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About z2r7 with the invisible crate - I figured it out pretty quickly afterwards, and it might be a different method because I am used to halfpushing everything and sneaking around. Portions of the adventure seems to reward trial and error / "do whatever you can even if you can't solve the puzzle yet". <- as you finish one part the next part is enabled.
---
edit: I was in that strange cubby hole... what *does* the button do? It activates a hidden cryogenic bollard, and... supposedly enables another room somewhere to be accessed? Up is good, right? Or should it stay down?
edit2: perhaps change the unpushable crate to a dummy panel, then remove the invisiblocks. The cubby hole can stay hidden.
---
ala case z2r7 I needed to jump in and get yourself stuck before I unstuck myself again. Also there is a certain body of water with bollard(s) that magically pop up when you do a leap of faith. Wink I was, in a manner of speaking, 'out of options' for that room.

The non-obvious switches should get either an explanation at the start or when pressed, and/or mysterious green X'es/red arrows to indicate that it is important. It's like in the large flooded room where I didn't know that it was controlled by a switch very early into the game, then I finally caved in and turned the hints on.

I've been in every room (that are accessible), I think, including all the duct rooms. There's a shoddy map to prove it. Laughing

I've seen quite a few open doors that lead nowhere - you do need to put in another switch somewhere, yeah?
Blizgerg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehe, sounds like you've been having fun with it.

Did you mean z1r7? Room z2r7 is very unfinished i.e. does nothing interest at the moment. The switch in the cubby hole in z1r7 causes a moving platform to go down 1 notch under a crate in z1r12 so you can get onto the top of the crates.

There are many doors that I put in that lead no where are are locked and shut. I mainly placed them for cosmetic effect.
This adventure has been growing rather organically sense around last April, probably why it feels like a giant sandbox.

There should be 256 duct rooms. I used a java application to create it from template rooms.

I'm beginning to think I should have the hints on by default. There are no clues as to what does what otherwise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> User Adventures All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: