FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Thoughts/issues/bugs
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> User Adventures View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Thoughts/issues/bugs Reply with quote

So, is this system working ok?

Let me know if you have any thoughts on how it could be improved...

Last edited by Fost on Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Weeble
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, it's up, I think. And of course, I'm now about to leave on holiday for a week and a half. Good timing as usual. ;)

Let's hope it works...
Weeble
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like it worked... I'd recommend that the backup folder is detected and stripped out automatically—I'd rather not have to mess about with that manually. (Especially since removing the folder itself seems to cause a crash when you try to play your own adventure.) Otherwise, seems pretty good. An entirely in-editor publishing mechanism might be marginally better, but the time involved would probably be better spent rounding off the rough edges of the editor. Is it possible to download them in the game yet?
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weeble wrote:
It looks like it worked...

Yes, it's on there Smile What you can't currently see is the approval button (you can't approve your own adventure!) . Currently set to getting 3 votes to approve the adventure, and then it shows up. I'll get some more people on here soon to test that. Since you've joined the 'Adventure Authors' group, you should be able to see this in game by getting the new adventure update. Seems to work for me - might be worth testing though.

Weeble wrote:
I'd recommend that the backup folder is detected and stripped out automatically—I'd rather not have to mess about with that manually. (Especially since removing the folder itself seems to cause a crash when you try to play your own adventure.)

Ahh, I'd actually forgotten we make the backup folder and thought you had made it.! That should be easy enough. I'll sort that out in a bit.

Weeble wrote:
Otherwise, seems pretty good. An entirely in-editor publishing mechanism might be marginally better, but the time involved would probably be better spent rounding off the rough edges of the editor.

Yes, I agree. Basically that's a done deal if enough people start making adventures. This would all be a lot slicker if there was a button in game to do the job. It's new territory for us though, so we don't know if there will only ever be a few adventures turning up. Quite a bit of work has already gone into making the editor more robust - the initial states that make the editor crash if you don't follow the tutorial exactly for instance. Should make it a lot easier for people to play with the editor rather than fight it Smile Also we have much better documentation on the way, although I'm a bit behind on that! Back to work...

Weeble wrote:
Is it possible to download them in the game yet?

Like I said - needs the approval votes currently - and I want to test that in a sec. If that all works, we pretty much have a working system Smile As an 'Adventure Author' you should be able to garb it in game now though.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, backup folder is now stripped out. JP2 support had to be removed though because the JASPER library can't cope with some JP2s - no great loss.
Rup

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for approving me - the update-adventure-list works in game now. So maybe there's an issue serving the adventure list to users pending approval for the Adventure Author group.

I don't have time to play through the adventure now myself (I'm at work). But you want me to go ahead and hit the 'approve' button anyway to test it?

Another thing: I've had "User Adventures" show up in the posts-since-last-visit search for a while now even though I couldn't read the forum. And nothing shows up in the 'preview' pane if it hit reply in the adventure thread, but I don't expect that matters.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rup wrote:
Thanks for approving me - the update-adventure-list works in game now. So maybe there's an issue serving the adventure list to users pending approval for the Adventure Author group.

Sounds like that may be the case, I'll look into it - thanks.

Feel free to approve Weeble's adventure.

Rup wrote:
Another thing: I've had "User Adventures" show up in the posts-since-last-visit search for a while now even though I couldn't read the forum. And nothing shows up in the 'preview' pane if it hit reply in the adventure thread, but I don't expect that matters.

The data is pulled from somewhere else, so some of the phpbb functions don't show it. I'm not too worried about that though. This forum will eventually be public so it doesn't matter too much if the posts show up.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo! Just downloaded the adventure via the in game updater. it's really nice getting things through the game Smile

Looks like everything is fixed now. I'll try to see if blitgerg can upload his...
Agrajag

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just downloaded the adventure from within Mr. Robot with no problems. This new system is pretty great, makes me want to try creating my own adventure again!
Blizgerg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the adventure downloads borked until the next update? I don't see DrBrainRedux in the adventure list in game (yes, I'm in the adventure authors group).
Crussh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried the update button? Laughing
Blizgerg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crussh wrote:
Have you tried the update button? Laughing

That is what I am talking about. I hit the update button, it says list up to date and I don't see DrBrainRedux. I tried rolling back my version to 1.01 to see if it would work then and I still didn't see it.
Crussh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well its in my ingame adventure list
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's something to do with the paths - works for some people and not for others - can you get the Save Huey adventure?

Anyway, it's already fixed in the coming update.
Zharmad

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. I don't see my own adventure (not surprising...), nor can I get SaveHuey v1.1. Guess I'll wait a while.
---
As an aside, I'm feeling as though I'm being cruel with my adventure... someone start protesting before I go too far. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> User Adventures All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: