FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Kudos on Game Support
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape Support View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Kudos on Game Support Reply with quote

First, Happy New Year Moonpod.

I bit the bullet and finally rustled up myself a new PC this year. Also wanted to let you know it was my first time using your key system for Starscape to switch from an old to a new computer and found the procedure very easy and straight forward (of course it helped a lot that I didn't have to change emails or nothing yet and setting everything up on this end was easier than I thought it would be - and to think I was dreading this).

I'm running this baby on an AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core 4200+ (2.1ghz w/1.87 gb of ram), NVIDIA GeForce 6100 under Windows XP MC ed. and it runs exceptionally well (of course it ran well before on my piddley 300mhz machine w/Riva TNT card too).

The graphics, particularly the backgrounds remain as stunning as ever, and I can see a lot better with my upgraded 19inch monitor. The units and some of the screen graphic details are a little soft around the edges given how everything is much more blown up now but it hasn't hampered performance any or detail too terribly.

I also wanted to ask a question about your plans for the next (or any beyond that one) update: Will you be adding support for other resolutions?
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll certainly be looking at that. It requires a bit of experimentation and testing though as making the playfield bigger lets you see a lot further which might break things like rendering, sound, etc. It's definitely high on the list though.
Darth Dallas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be fantastic to have multiple resolutions to shoot for that's for sure, although I can't imagine the hurtles you'd have to go through to achieve them.

I should have also mentioned that after reinstalling the game, I pretty much let things roll on the defaults with the card/monitor, not having scoped out if I needed any miscellaneous drivers before running the game. I was just happy it ran at all quite honestly and it did so at 1280x1024. I expected a loss of sharpness here and there but I didn't expect it looking as good as it did despite that. No other noticeable hiccups that I could spot - 1.5c still kicks after all this time.

I wish you guys luck when it comes time to troubleshoot all that.
Tryagain Infinity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides the many bug fixes and perhaps the resolution update what else can we be expecting in 1.6? Any additional bells and whistles planned?
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tryagain Infinity wrote:
Any additional bells and whistles planned?

At the moment, I would hate to promise anything as it's likely the current list of proposed changes will take up most of the time we have allotted for the project. We have some ideas for some small updates if we have any time available, but please don't get your hopes up too much.

PS: Surely in space, no-one can hear your bell or whistle?
Tryagain Infinity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
Tryagain Infinity wrote:
Any additional bells and whistles planned?

At the moment, I would hate to promise anything as it's likely the current list of proposed changes will take up most of the time we have allotted for the project. We have some ideas for some small updates if we have any time available, but please don't get your hopes up too much.

I wasn't planning on it.

Fost wrote:
PS: Surely in space, no-one can hear your bell or whistle?

Wait till you "hear" my resonance gun. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: