FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Mr Robot really doesn't like Geforce4 MX cards
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Mr. Robot Support View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As posted here I'm getting the same error with a GeForce 4000 MX. I've got 9.0c (dxdiag.exe checks out) and ForceWare 91.47. It's a 64 MB PCI card in an old P4 1.5MHz system. I'll try updating the drivers just to be sure, but I don't expect it will help at all.

WinXP SP2 fully patched.
Display is a Dell 2005FPW @ 1680x1050.
Inane

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm lucky, I had a Geforce 4 a month before the beta started Smile.

Anyway, I can advise you not to get new drivers for older Geforce cards, because for my old card all new drivers did was screw EVERYTHING up.
da chicken

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated to latest nVidia drivers (93.xx) and nothing.

I switched to my onboard graphics, which is an old i845 integrated with a whopping 8MB of shared memory, and it runs just fine.

Oddly enough, some of the other games I have also seem to run better with the onboard as well. That's so sad!
Chris Z

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a GeForce 4 MX 4000 and I the demo of Mr. Robot always crashes on my computer (with the latest drivers already on it). The same system runs StarScape very well however.
jwalton

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to chime in and say that I'm having the same problem and errors with a GeForce4 MX 440
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try the new 1.01 update (if you haven't bought it just download the demo again).
Chris Z

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Mr Robot 1.1 Reply with quote

Crashes with the following:

Failed to select technique zero from shader - data/gui/font.shader

Assert failed!
Expression: 0
File: .\Source\DX9Renderer_SceneGraph.cpp
Line: 891
Function: CDX9Renderer::LoadShaderFromPath

Call Stack:
004EB7F9 0012FA64 0001:000EA7F9 C:\Program Files\MrRobot\MrRobot.exe
omechron

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has a fix been found for this? The topic hasn't been updated in like 6 months.

I'm having the same problem on a GEforce 4 MX440

Here's my exact error:

Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this will ever be fixed i'm afraid, that card has some severe limitations Sad

Sorry.
ScapeDeer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks with GeForce MX 440 / MX 4000 / Asus V9180SE cards can have luck once again! Very Happy
I spent DAYS looking for the solution for the game to work. For instance, Wikipedia said that older versions of nvidia drivers should solve the vertex shader problem, but their suggested version number was wrong, the true solution is the DETONATOR 45.23 driver which you can get from http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_45.23.html , for example. After installing it, vertex shader 1.1 support suddenly appears, and you can play this game without problems. Wink I tested it with MX 440 and Asus V9180 SE cards successfully!!!
If you can save some money using this method thus not buying a new card, please consider sending $1 to scapedeer@gmail.com via paypal or moneybookers. Thanks!
pflarr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an onboard Geforce 440 Go, and that worked for me with some difficulties. Simply installing that driver through its installer won't always do it. In that case, you need to go to the properties of your your graphics video card device (either through the device manager or the display properties), and manually update the driver. When you ran the driver installer, it actually unzipped into a folder that it let you specify (usually C:\NVIDIA\{etc}), and then executed a seperate installer program. You need to tell the manual update process not to check the internet, to install from a specific location, and not to search (let you point it directly at the driver). Point it to the folder where the install program unzipped. It'll have you select your exact device (mine wasn't listed, but 'Geforce 4 MX Onboard' worked).

The problem with this process? The drivers are really old, and won't let this computer display at the full range of resolutions I would like (specifically 1680x1050).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Mr. Robot Support All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: