FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
The EDITOR thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> User Adventures View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a fix for my cursor not showing? It happens on both my PC and my laptop.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inane wrote:
Is there a fix for my cursor not showing? It happens on both my PC and my laptop.

If this is what I think it is, then start the game in a window and then go to the editor. Mark is looking into the issue of going from fullscreen.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try 0.84, it should be ok.

Oh no, it works once the editor is running, but you have to use the keyboard to select the file. Doh!
Slyh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slyh wrote:
Mmh, I'm wondering if opening the PDA will break some of the time-critical quests in Mr.Robot, like for example room 'z1r45'.

I just tried this...
When you open the PDA after all evil bots have reached their consoles and when you then wait long enough with the PDA open, Raistlin is toast directly after you've closed the PDA.
(Yes, I'm soliloquizing here. *g*)
Slyh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way to add this big nice crushing machine to a level using the editor? I can't find it anywhere. If not, could you provide the typeid? :-)
(I don't mean this evil thingy that crushed Samson but those smaller crushers which move vertically.)
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are called stampers and are in two parts, but they use the model_override function of 'dummy panel' dynamic objects.
Looking at one pair, they are set up thus:

1:
model_override: data\models\generic\stamper.mdl
loop: -1,-1,0
collision_override: 2,10,2
kill_player: false
kill_robot: false

2:
model_override: data\models\generic\stamper_base.mdl
loop: -1,-1,0
collision_override: 2,5,1
kill_player: false
kill_robot: false

Not too sure how Mark has these set up in lua - hopefully he'll get a chance to explain them a bit more soon...
Slyh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
I think they are called stampers and are in two parts, but they use the model_override function of 'dummy panel' dynamic objects.
Looking at one pair, they are set up thus:

Thanks a lot!

Fost wrote:
Not too sure how Mark has these set up in lua - hopefully he'll get a chance to explain them a bit more soon...

Found it. Thanks!
Agrajag

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really interested in making Nanomek puzzles, but I'm not sure how difficult this would be and how much of it is run through scripts. Ideally, I'd be able to make a start and end point, and then having them all get into the end would unlock a door or lower a pillar or something.

Also, is it possible to make lockers with items inside them? (like keys) and to make locked doors which are openable with said keys?
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agrajag wrote:
I'm really interested in making Nanomek puzzles, but I'm not sure how difficult this would be and how much of it is run through scripts. Ideally, I'd be able to make a start and end point, and then having them all get into the end would unlock a door or lower a pillar or something.

I'm working on a small adventure with nanomeks that does all that, so you'll be able to take a look at it when it's ready. It needs script to do what you are talking about, but it's reasonably straightforward (for script).

Agrajag wrote:
Also, is it possible to make lockers with items inside them? (like keys) and to make locked doors which are openable with said keys?

Yes, create a locker dynamic object with the following settings (note: capitalisation is important):

drop_type KEY
drop_data RED (or BLUE)

create a door, and tick the 'locked' box, and set the Key ID to RED (or BLUE)

Alternatively, you can actually leave keys lying around on the floor:
Create and place a 'key' dynamic object. Set its type to either 'RED' pr 'BLUE'

Remember - capitalisation is important.
Agrajag

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are those the only two key color options?

EDIT: I'm trying to make a pillar that's embedded in the ground, and when you stand on a switch it raises. (I'm using Bollard:Cryo) However, if you put a piece of ground on that spot, the pillar won't raise, and if you don't put ground you can't walk over it.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agrajag wrote:
Are those the only two key color options?

There's also ORANGE and YELLOW, although they are currently pass key types and are only supported by the large octagonal HUB doors.

Agrajag wrote:
I'm trying to make a pillar that's embedded in the ground, and when you stand on a switch it raises. (I'm using Bollard:Cryo) However, if you put a piece of ground on that spot, the pillar won't raise, and if you don't put ground you can't walk over it.

Yes, you need to put a static block underneath it. The room is walled off vertically if any grid square does not have a static object in it. We usually use generic>Floors>Masking Block Collidable to do that.
Agrajag

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you're busy finalizing the game, but another thing I'd be really interested in would be creating my own ghost hacks if possible (something to put in an instruction manual if you're making one).
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's definitely something that's possible. I've actually never built one myself ! Editor documentation is going to be very extensive, very quickly after release. I'm hoping to get the basics in there for release though.
Agrajag

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't seem to make a switch that makes a pillar go up, only one that makes pillars go down. If I the target of a switch to say pillar1, and then make the initstate of the pillar = "up" then stepping on the switch lowers the pillar. However if the initstate is "down" then the switch does nothing.
Slyh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way to give one or more Energons to Asimov? I know how to take them from Asimov and how to check how many there are, but I can't find a way to give Energon to Asimov.
Using givePlayer("ENERGON", "") fails because the sub-type is unknown.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> User Adventures All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: