FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
December-06: When will it ever end?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Developer Diary View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Moonpod Developer Diary RSS feed -RSS Feed
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

happymonster wrote:
How is the game coming along? Smile

I am dead, and writing this from beyond the grave. Mark has been awake so long that he has burned all the matter in his body and evolved into a being comprised purely of energy. The next stage of human evolution? Possibly...

Current version is a release candidate, 9 people have played through without a hiccup so far. Smile
happymonster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch! Yes, I was like that too with the last month of Neon Wars..

BTW: I seem to have received an email from yourselves as if I was a beta-tester. Smile
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

happymonster wrote:
BTW: I seem to have received an email from yourselves as if I was a beta-tester. Smile

Yes, sorry - half the forum got that. I messed up completely Smile
Darth Dallas

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I coulda been a contender! boo hoo.

Seriously, the computer shuffle here at the house won't be until this weekend. My timing is always off heh.
happymonster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to worry.. these things happen at the end of a project when you are desperately trying to get things done.
Ari

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
happymonster wrote:
But one problem I always had was matching the diagonal movement of your character with horizontal and vertical cursor keys.

Ahh yes - that's come up in the beta. We use the old style method of up = north west, so you can line yourself up with most of the jumps easily. However, some people have asked for up=into the screen. The difficulty here, is that we know most people won't change the default controls, so what should we pick as the default? There doesn't seem to be a consensus that one method is better than another. We did have one great suggestion of making the first room a place where you 'calibrate' your robot, so you can set something like this up, but that might be something for an update.

Admittedly, it's something we never had a problem with as we have that history with isometric games, so we didn't foresee it being an issue for anybody.

I would've considered making the keys QW and AS the default controls- that way you can match up directly with the isometric controls.

That said, it also seems I'm far too late with that suggestion Very Happy Congrats Smile
Agrajag

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ari wrote:
I would've considered making the keys QW and AS the default controls- that way you can match up directly with the isometric controls.

That seems like it would be really awkward to use, my fingers don't bend in a way that allows for use of that combination of keys Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Developer Diary All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: