FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
November-06: Trailer Time!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Developer Diary View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Moonpod Developer Diary RSS feed -RSS Feed
Japlish

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
I think someone put the War Angels trailer up on there too when we released it.

ye that was me too! I always blog what i love. if you guys do well maybe you make more games faster Smile Smile

Dan Macdonald

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great dev journal guys, I've been checking the forums religiously ever day since about the 4th. The trailer has me very excited to play Mr. Robot.
Agrajag

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked the trailer, the music was perfect. I'm really excited for this game, can't wait for the beta to come out!

::prays he gets into the beta::
starscape junkie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:

I'll have to sort out what the Mr. Robot jedi rank is going to be.

Robo-jedi? Robot Lord? Hmm....

Cyberman all the way!
Code_Crank_Call

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty impressed with some of the more advanced platforming bits you have in the trailer, I was expecting first and foremost a puzzler. This really has me pumped up about the game, its really that much more tangible now that we've seen some honest to god gameplay footage!

Will it be much of a crunch to get tMr. Robot done before the year is out? I'd figure you'd want to ride the holiday wave, that and I'm flat broke and christmas is a good excuse to get this game Very Happy .
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very soon, oh yes, very soon. Mwahahahahhaahahaha....
happymonster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice trailer!

What software did you use to record the frames from the game? Smile

P.s. Speccy Rules!
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha! The trailer is great. I don't know why but classic music like that makes me laugh. You can look at images all you like but it's no substitute for seeing it in motion. And this is a little early even here (still the 14th) but since I'll be at school early tomorrow and a concert later,
Happy Birthday Moonpod!
and errr... Fost.

Seriously since it's so close to done who is going to do the beta testing? I think everyone with an official Mr. Robot mousepad should get in automatically Smile.
Magnulus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Dima! ^_^ (by the way, thanks a lot for the mousepad. I did experience the trouble you mentioned with my mouse, so I just pinned the pad on my wall instead. Very Happy

I forgot to mention that I love how you used Hall of the Mountain King. I think that it's actually my favourite ever classical piece. And NOT just because Grieg is a townie (Meaning he grew up and stayed in Bergen, Norway).

By the way, if you're wondering why I've signed up for the beta, it's because I'm installing windows on my maccy this weekend. Do you need, like, specs and stuff later on?
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SethP wrote:
Just a couple of quick things I noticed about the video player -- When the "back to start" button is pressed when the video is playing, the "play/pause" button isn't updated correctly.p

Ahh! Yeah, that should be easy to fix - thanks.

SethP wrote:
Also, it doesn't seem to work on my Linux box. I'm thinking that the problem stems from the latest version of flash available for Linux is Flash Player 7 instead of 9, so I don't really expect you to do anything about it, I just thought you might want to know.

Yeah, I know about this - the player would work in flash 7, but the video is encoded with a flash 8 only codec - I just copped out here though and provided the mpeg link above. As far as I know, linux is stuck on Flash 7 - there are rumours it Adobe will go straight to flash 9 with it, but I suspect that might just be appeasement comments from Adobe.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

happymonster wrote:
What software did you use to record the frames from the game? Smile

We use fraps: http://www.fraps.com/. I tested gamecam, and an open source fraps-a-like, but performance was not on a par with fraps. Problem for me is I like to capture at high res, so I can play with cropping in the video edit. At that res, you end up being limited by hard-drive speed. We had bought a dual drive array specifically for capture, but it dies when we started using it Sad
SethP

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
Yeah, I know about this - the player would work in flash 7, but the video is encoded with a flash 8 only codec - I just copped out here though and provided the mpeg link above. As far as I know, linux is stuck on Flash 7 - there are rumours it Adobe will go straight to flash 9 with it, but I suspect that might just be appeasement comments from Adobe.

Ah, now I understand. I was just very confused because I remembered hearing rumors about the Flash 9 for Linux beta, which is why 7 being the "latest" version surprised me.
Rup

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SethP wrote:
I was just very confused because I remembered hearing rumors about the Flash 9 for Linux beta, which is why 7 being the "latest" version surprised me.

Yes, the Flash 9 for Linux beta was announced here. 32-bit only though for now.
Flumpaphone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the video. You are gods that walk amongst us.
KOS-MOS

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! Flumpaphone (Great name by the way Wink , I adore the flumps) beat me to it. I did not expect it to look so amazing, even though I know how great starscape was and have been following the diaries, this is simply in another league. I keep playing the video again and again (and again), something about it keeps putting a smile on my face.

Lovely bit of editing too, what do you edit on?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Developer Diary All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: