FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Starscape app
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> General View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject: Starscape app Reply with quote

I played Starscape years ago, registered with my work e-mail at the time and don't have it anymore. I remember it was a great game and really enjoyed it. Recently my son downloaded a game called Space Miner Wars, and part of the gameplay is to shoot asteroids and collect resources, and it really reminded me of Starscape.

Is there any possibility of a tablet version of the game? I realize the developers have gone their separate ways, it's sad for me to see that, I would have loved a sequel. How difficult is the transition to tablet? I imagine it would have to be rebuilt from the ground up as it was made so long ago, so isn't likely to happen, but I did love the game and I'm sorry to see that Moonpod didn't work out. I hope you are all doing well at whatever you have moved on to do!
Slyh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be great to be able to play Starscape on a tablet again.

The graphics would need a major overhaul to not look too pixelated, though. And porting the controls to a touch screen interfaces, so they still work intuitively, will be hard if not impossible, too. IIRC three keys were used to fire and beam, and four keys to navigate. Emulating keys/joysticks is not a thing that works well on tablets, imho.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone's doing well Smile
Starscape controls on a tablet - that's a tricky one. I think you'd need something starscape inspired, but very different, designed from scratch around the interface.

Maybe something more strategic where you actually control the mothership, with the fighters being a bit more autonomous. You could draw a path to direct the mothership and then give orders to the fighters. Different game really, but I can see that being more at home on a tablet.

p.s. if you email supportATmoonpod.com any information to find the account then you can get a new unlock key.
Slyh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how hard it would be to remake Starscape in Unity, given how much stuff Unity allows a dev to do out of the box, and with relatively good tooling support.
(As a PC/console game, not a mobile game.)
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just started looking at Unity a bit, like most engine/editors there's a lot of amazing super easy things it can do in two clicks, but you soon seem to get into a tangle when the project grows. Not always clear what's going on when there's a problem. Yes, I think Unity would be a good choice for Starscape when I've had a bit more time with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: