FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Revenge of the Sith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Film Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  

Poll Result
  ROTS: Any good?  

Da Bomb!
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Worth seeing but nothing special.
58%
 58%  [ 7 ]
Below Average
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rubbish
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 12  

Author

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Revenge of the Sith Reply with quote

Saw this the other day, i wasnt too impressed. looked ok, but nothing real memorable happened. anyone esle seen it and have any thoughts?

poll time!
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a moonpod company outing to see it on the day of release. (It's research - honest Very Happy ) I think I liked it the least from myself Goober and Poo Bear, and I liked it the least out of all 3 films. Ultimately, I can't even remember what happened in it now was so forgettable.

nil points...
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i liked it for the wrong reasons
Darth Dallas

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first impression of it seeing it the first time was probably skewed toward the negative for a few reasons. 1) I probably shouldn't have gone in there with a good buzz on having drank a few beers with my lunch beforehand. 2) Not only did I miss the opening, they directed me to the wrong theater. 3) Between the beer at lunch, the coffee and the soft drinks, I had to use the bathroom a coupla times, and last, the action was moving quickly in some of those CG shots, I'm sure I missed a bunch of stuff.

I'm going to try to see it one more time, this time with digital projection. There aren't that many theaters that have it so it'll be a good drive. Looks like I'll have to fast before I see it this time Smile
HunterXI

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I thought it was OK - worth the $7.75 I spent on it, but no masterpiece by any means. Had its moments, but yeah, was kinda forgettable.

And it's actually really ironic because everyone else I went to see it with thought it was absolutely horrible, by every account. Proves that no one sees Eye to Eye in terms of RotS.
AnonT

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was the best of the prequel trilogy, but nowhere near as good as it should have been. First of all, I think Lucas tried way too hard to put everyone from the original trilogy into the prequels (Yoda knowing Chewbacca was a huge stretch). Second, putting the death star into the prequel trilogy was just stupid. Consider that there's about 2 years between episodes 2 and 3, and the plans for the death star exist in episode 2, then that there's about 20 years between episodes 3 and 4, and the death star is being built in episode 3. So it takes about 20 years for them to build the first death star and get it operational. Then there's about 3-4 years between episodes 4 and 6, and in those 3-4 years they already have another operational death star? Just stupid. Then you throw in the awful dialogue (I'm surprised none of the actors smacked Lucas upside the head after reading the script) and horrible acting by many of the main characters and you've got a movie that didn't come anywhere near its potential.
Harabek

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having C-3PO and R2-D2 and Chewbacca was dumb too. Anyway...

Episode 3 is for people who sit down and think, "Gee, I'm craving some lightsaber action right about now."

Action was cool but the timeline seemed very ascued. They seemed to be able to reach Mustafar in about five minutes. Also, the emperor went from evil genius to cackling lunatic. And how did he kill three powerful jedi! All he ever did was lunge while making a silly face. I mean, those guys he killed hardly moved. Were they drugged?

On the other hand, Yoda was BAD ***.
pheonix

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
in those 3-4 years they already have another operational death star?

No, I think they planned on making a backup before ep 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Film Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: