FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
GT4 vs. Forza Motorsport
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  

Poll Result
  GT4 vs. Forza Motorsport  

Gran Turismo 4
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Forza Motorsport
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 0  

Author
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: GT4 vs. Forza Motorsport Reply with quote

simple question: which is better (and please don't cast biased votes if your a ps2/xbox lover or have only played one
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't played Forza so I wont vote, but surely it cannot beat the mother of all racing games that is GT? I've had all of them since the Playstation1 and loved them all, although I didn't buy those offshoot dodgy "concept car" versions as that just seemed like cashing in.

I think GT demonstrates some of the differences between the game playing public and the vocal hard core minority (which is us isn't it?). The game is basically broken, you get your car and go for a race, if you don't win then you will still have picked up a bit of money so you can just install another upgrade i.e. better tyres, turbo, exhaust, etc. So quite quickly and unlike many other similar games you can get a car that is just a LOT better than everyone else's and even you crash constantly you can still win.

I've seen quite a few reviews latch onto that and criticize the game, but isn't this one of the reasons for its success? People like collecting and upgrading cars, they enjoy doing it. If they fail they don't need to be told spending money on a car makes it better, they already know that. They don't need to practice over and over to gain skill or rely on luck, they know they can just make the car better and win.

Compare that with pretty much any other racing game. Usually the car can be tweaked to alter its handling in ways you might find more suitable to your driving style but that ultimately doesn't really give you much of an edge. Cars are sorted into separate leagues so that you cannot upgrade your car to the point of gaining an unfair advantage. The driver AI is then setup so the races get harder and harder (in fact usually they just cheat and make the AI cars faster and more aggressive). The only way to win now is to practice each track and gain real skill, plus relying on a bit of luck now and then.

I remember setting up Geoff Crammonds GrandPrix game next to the telly when the MonteCarlo race was on. The game was meant to be a very accurate racing simulation and I was going to see how well I did compared to the real thing. Within a few seconds I was dissapointed to realise the game cars were only doing about half the top speed and acceleration of the real cars. There is no way such a huge difference was a mistake, they must have realised that real people just don't have the time to develop the skillz needed.
hair65

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject: nike shoes and wigs Reply with quote

www.google.com online shopping human hair wigs and nike shoes for discount.wholesale lace front wigs and cheap nike air max shos online.where to buy high quality synthetic wigs and roshe run shoes is a best choice.
human hair wigs
cheap lace front wigs
full lace wigs
lace front wigs
cheap human hair wigs
cheap synthetic wigs
cheap wigs for women
cheap bob wigs
african american wigs cheap
afro wigs cheap
cheap full lace wigs
cheap curly wigs
cheap cosplay wigs
cheap wigs for men
cheap costume wigs
cheap hair extensions

cheap nike shoes
nike air max
nike air max 90
nike air max 90 womens white
white roshes mens
roshes women
cheap air max 90
air max 270 mens
nike air max 1 mens
cheap nikes online
nike sb janoski
nike skateboarding shoes
nike air force one men
nike air force 1 low
black huaraches
nike huarache women
air max 270
air max sale
nike air max sale
air jordan 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: