FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Post E3 - what's got your attention?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject: Post E3 - what's got your attention? Reply with quote

Now E3 has come and gone, and we can all finally put our broadband connections to good use downloading videos of all the latest games, what's everyone getting excited about?

I thought EYEDentify looked really interesting - ok, it's obviously designed to be a teenage boy's wet dream, and we'll have to see how well it works as an actual game, but I find the voice command part of it to be a really interesting technological addition for games.

KillZone 2 also wins best rendered intro award from E3 - really nice it of animation there.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people should be banned from mentioning anything on PS3 as they all appear to be just prerendered videos and not actual game footage. Sony are infamous for the hype, lies and exagerations they spin about their console's capabilities before launch.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battlefield2 looked amazing.

http://www.fileplanet.com/153045/150000/fileinfo/Battlefield-2-Trailer---Strike-at-Karkand-[Insane-Quality]
Goober
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spore excited me on a number of levels. First up, I'm a big fan of the demo scene, particularly 64KB (and smaller) demos, and I'm a big fan of procedural generation of content (which I think is a big deal for developers that distribute over the internet), so seeing the creatures be constructed and animate procedurally was really interesting. Plus the game just looks really cool, like biological Lego. I'm definitely looking forward to this one.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elder scrolls 4 looked so good I know for a fact it wont work on my computer. Ho ho ho.

I was more intrigued by what is probably the first attempt to put real AI into a game, hopefully they aren't just hyping this up and it will have real substance.

By real AI I mean the npc's have a rule base that explains the cause and effect of performing certain actions i.e. if you are hungry then eat, if you want to eat then consume any of the following ..., if your food fights back then kill it, etc, etc. On top of this you place a world model which is an npc's view of the world based on real approximations of senses i.e. instead of cheating and coding in whatever data an npc might ever need you work out properly what they can see and hear and let them communicate certain bits of important info between each other and develop a hierarchy amongst themselves including emotional concepts about how they feel about one another. Finally you need an inference engine, this takes the world model and the npc's goals (eat, follow an order, go fishing) and then uses the cause and effect rules to build a chain of actions to achieve any goal. If the world model is sophisticated enough, if the rules base is large enough and if the inference engine is powerful enough then this can produce very interesting behavior i.e. predictable intelligent reactions to a wide range of player behavior. Nobody has ever done this in a game as far as i'm aware, although a lot have claimed they have, few have achieved a good solution in academia never mind the games industry.

It's probably a load of hype but we shall see.

http://www.fileplanet.com/153570/150000/fileinfo/The-Elder-Scrolls-IV:-Oblivion-E3-2005-Trailer
OvermindDL1

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotta say that Spore looks quite interesting, but looks like it could get boring quickly, once you get into space it seems you 'mainly' just forget about your own place, upon which restart....

Seems something like that should just keep growing, evolving, expand to other worlds, etc...
HunterXI

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poo Bear wrote:
I think people should be banned from mentioning anything on PS3 as they all appear to be just prerendered videos and not actual game footage. Sony are infamous for the hype, lies and exagerations they spin about their console's capabilities before launch.

I completely agree. I was so excited to see the amazing stuff Sony had on PS3 - only to learn they had pulled another Sony-style E3.

Personally, I actually see myself moving away from what I currently enjoy - First Person Shooters - to something completely different - the massive-world-type game. Yep, the games that have me excited most are Kameo and Oblivion. Damnit, though, now I've gotta get an HDTV. Summer Job for me!

Also, I'd like to add this: Which system is the most Aesthetically pleasing to you and why?
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All 3 consoles are slightly easier on the eyes (and feet) due to the removal of some cables, the game pads are wireless and the consoles should connect into my existing wireless network to let me go online without a LAN cable. Yay!

I think the Nintendo Revolution is going in the right direction as it is designed to be as small as possible, allegedly smaller than a MAC mini (which I also find sexy).

Another nice announcement was the news that M$ and Nintendo will offer free online services, presumably Sony will do the same. All they provide are ranking and lobby servers anyway so it doesn't cost them much, when you play a game one of the players hosts it using his own bandwidth.
hair65

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: nike shoes and wigs Reply with quote

www.google.com online shopping human hair wigs and nike shoes for discount.wholesale lace front wigs and cheap nike air max shos online.where to buy high quality synthetic wigs and roshe run shoes is a best choice.
human hair wigs
cheap lace front wigs
full lace wigs
lace front wigs
cheap human hair wigs
cheap synthetic wigs
cheap wigs for women
cheap bob wigs
african american wigs cheap
afro wigs cheap
cheap full lace wigs
cheap curly wigs
cheap cosplay wigs
cheap wigs for men
cheap costume wigs
cheap hair extensions

cheap nike shoes
nike air max
nike air max 90
nike air max 90 womens white
white roshes mens
roshes women
cheap air max 90
air max 270 mens
nike air max 1 mens
cheap nikes online
nike sb janoski
nike skateboarding shoes
nike air force one men
nike air force 1 low
black huaraches
nike huarache women
air max 270
air max sale
nike air max sale
air jordan 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: