FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Top Indie Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weeble wrote:
DROD is a love/hate thing. It's so big. I love the puzzle-solving in it, but as the levels get more complex I tend not to have the patience for them. Especially if I've actually figured it out, but it has no tolerance for error whatsoever.

I agree, plus it doesn't do anything for me graphically. Now there are times when that is ok, if the game is utterly mind blowingly amazing, but I do feel games are a visual medium and do need to tickle me in the visual department, just a little. That doesn't mean it has to look as good as Warcraft or Dawn of War or anything, just needs to have a nice interesting look to it.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnulus wrote:
I do feel that the second Bone game was a strong contender. Graphics are polished and pleasurable, voice acting is top notch, and it's much longer than the first.

Just tried it out and like the first game it is very well put together and polished. The problem I had was I didn't seem to be able to get anything done, I needed to switch to one of the others to do the first task but it seemed that wasn't an option unless you bought it. Maybe I missed something. Plus the story didn't really inspire me, maybe interesting things happen later on, but at the start you are trying to find presents to make this girl Thorn like you. I wouldn't have minded that as a quick easy opener, but the fact I couldn't get past it and it seemed to go on for ages kind of put me off.

I am quite hard to convince though, i've also just tried:

Fast crawl
Discord Times
After the end
Virtual Villagers
War blade
Wing nuts

Not they are bad or anything, they just don't make the hit list.
Magnulus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit. I'm easily entertained. Especially when it comes to Bone. Smile
James

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knytt is rather good. It's very basic in terms of gameplay, but it has a lovely atmosphere to it.
Agrajag

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poo Bear wrote:
Plus the story didn't really inspire me, maybe interesting things happen later on

The game is probably much more entertaining for the fans of the book. The early part of the series is driven more by humor and jokes, which may be lost in the game, while the later part is driven more by story which will probably translate better.

Has anyone who's read the books played the game? I'm interested in how close they stick to the story, and if knowing what's supposed to happen makes it easier to beat.
Dirty Harry Potter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. Thought I'd just contribute a bit to this splendid thread, with 3 titles.

Wesnoth
a turn-based strategy game set in a fantasy world. it's completely free (even open source iirc), and features 6 different races, and your units can get XP and level up to become better units :S

Notrium
a Sci-fi suvival game, has 4 different races, and several endings. You crashland on a mystical planet, and try to survive and find out what to do. One of my only quarrels with this game is that plants do not regrow at all :X

Scorched 3D
Not much else to say than it's a 3D remake on the classical title Scorched Earth.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting games, but none of them make this list because it's not for freeware or free remakes. We decided on that from the start, because we want to point out things we'd buy from the selection of games out there. There's plenty of freeware lists out there and there's no barrier (i.e. cash) to finding out which games you'd like.
Magnulus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwww... I just went back to look at your list again, and I saw that stuff about Platypus. Damn *******! And I supported them!
Dirty Harry Potter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
Interesting games, but none of them make this list because it's not for freeware or free remakes. We decided on that from the start, because we want to point out things we'd buy from the selection of games out there. There's plenty of freeware lists out there and there's no barrier (i.e. cash) to finding out which games you'd like.
ah, right, was kinda worried that I didn't quite "nail it there" there :X
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone seen anything new recently for consideration on the big list?
siiseli

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my opinion, cactuses clean asia. I was hooked on that game the moment I started it for the first time. I just can't stop playing.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clean Asia is free though - which is fine, but this list is not for freeware.
Sergenth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DROD: The City Beneath just came out. I'd put it on my list of top indie games, but I'll leave it up to this list's master to consider.
Tennants Lager

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
Oddly enough, I can't get on caravel games either. Maybe he's geo-ipped out the UK Sad

Don't think so, that link works fine for me now at least. Maybe just DNS issues right enough......
Necrosis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about the RPGs made by Spiderweb Games? I believe Spiderweb is considered an indie developer. Their Avernum and Geneforge series are particularly good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: