FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Starscape competition
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Starscape competition Reply with quote

Why dont you have a starscape competition using the neeto highscore page you made and if you win you get a scientist named after you. You could have starscape/Mr Robot fan art/fiction competition too.

Oh and beer, beer should be a prize.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There already is a system for doing competions in the head area of the survival score page, so it would be easy to set up.

We do want to run a competition in the future, and there's loads of things we could offer: mousepads and so on. The question is: how would we go about promoting the idea? Ideally we want quite a few people to be involved - it would probably run off survival demo mode, so there would be no obstruction of having to buy the game if you hadn't already. In theory this means you could get a lot of people involved if you had a way of letting them know about it.

For an online game developer, I think we have pretty good traffic, but even so, it's not as much as any of the big name mainstream game companies. Ideally you'd want to attract a lot of involvement in the competition, so how do you spread the word?

On a similar note: I was hoping some of the board members might be up for 'duelling', i.e: challenging each other as to who can get the best score that month. Very Happy
r000000b
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well

<takes glove off>

I bet I can beat you,

<slaps fost in face with glove, and throws it on the floor>

want to see if you can beat me in december?
Gravitron

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I went running on SubSpace screaming you can win prizes by competiting for free on a space game I do believe that the hoard will come trompin'n'stompin' by.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

r000000b wrote:
want to see if you can beat me in december?

Ok! but to make it actually challenging (because I suck at survival Embarassed )
I'll make the challenge: 'Beat The Moonpod Team'! since Poo Bear is probably the best at it (he's the oldest though, and his reflexes are going, so you still have a good chance Wink )
Gravitron

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to challange you to a 3v3 duel in subspace, don't worry, I'll use alpha newbies for wingmen. Wink
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gravitron wrote:
If I went running on SubSpace screaming you can win prizes by competiting for free on a space game I do believe that the hoard will come trompin'n'stompin' by.

That would be cool! It would be nice to get a few people from different forums and gaming backgrounds involved. I'm not sure if we'll have chance to organise anything before next year though, but when we do, I'll make sure there's a lot of advance warning.
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doese anyone notice this is in the wrong form
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icarus wrote:
doese anyone notice this is in the wrong form

Good point, moved!
r000000b
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your turn. unless your chicken Wink , cluck, cluck, cluck, cluuuuck
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked
That might be tough!

PS: are you normally 'tractor' on the score table? I just noticed that r000000b doesn't show up when you hit 'Show all', so I assumed it was because the tractor score was better (second best of all time!!!)

It'd be cool if we had a way of recording the game session - I'd love to be able to play these back Smile
r000000b
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, normally tractor but I thought I would change to r000000b for consistency with here.

The 5087 game was amazing, the arachnid werenít dropping many gems so the game remained fast and quite clear, and mine layer after mine layer kept on constantly warping in.

Is there a maximum number of normal ship groups allowed at once? It seems that sometimes if there are lone survivors more enemies wont warp in. Anyhow this time I had no problem mowing down whole groups of arachnid, with no survivors, this probably helped to keep the minelayers coming. I killed enough to upgrade to the first devastator before the game levelled! This was quite a surprise, from there on it was nova-bomb-tastic, easily collecting more than enough gems to fund the nova bombs, and the miners take seconds with the devastator.

You donít even have to see the enemy to kill them, if you speed towards them, drop the nova bombs before you see them turn and head off to the next group, the nova bombs will carry on and explode in the middle of the pack killing them all while you are on you way to the next lot.

I havenít managed to get the devastator before level again because I donít get enough mine layers early on
Flumpaphone

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked How is this score even possible!!

I don't get near to half that most of the time!
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats nouthing look at shadhi Morrow's

http://www.moonpod.com/English/highscores.php?pid=1&mode=2&y=all

when you are done gaping at that look at Nathaniel Sheppard down at the bottom of the list (me)
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

r000000b's demo score is better than most people's full version score!

I think Lothar mentioned a while back that it would be cool if there was a preference to display your top scores on the forum. I must look into that - there's surely a way to do it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: