FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Everquest2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Everquest2 Reply with quote

I'd become all bitter and twisted about mmorpg's, I haven't played one since "Dark Age of Camelot" was first released and everything seemed to have gone down hill since the good old days of Ultima Online! Anyway, I was given a copy of EQ2 as a present so I had no choice but to give it a try. I've only played for about ~8 hours so far, but I have to say it has been really good so far. Why? Well, it's hard to put my finger on something specific as there are no revolutionary changes over any other mmorpg i've played. However, EQ2 has managed to work first time, look nice and remain entertaining throughout - incredible!

They seem to have put in a huge amount of effort in smoothing out all the classic mmorpg elements and not worried too much about inventing new features just to be different. You still start out by creating a character, killing rats (yay!) and exploring. However, there is little lag, the environment is interesting, the game is graphically impressive without slowing down, combat is mildly entertaining and the simple quests you are given do attempt to tell a story of sorts.

I did see a tiny hint of "loot camping"*, but nothing too bad, I really hope this doesn't become a problem or it might spoil an otherwise great game. There is also a decent tutorial, that actually tells you a lot of useful info, a very rare and welcome feature. Anyway, i'll probably hate it next week, i'm still on the newbie island "refuge" currently so time will tell.

*loot camping - a quest requires a certain number of items to be found in the loot of vanquished monsters. If the monsters only appear in a certain area and infrequently then you can sometimes find queues of people waiting for them. It doesn't take long before players become irritated at hanging around waiting for a monster to appear only to have someone nip in and grab it before them. Much swearing and name calling follow.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we attach a poll to this?

Tiger headed Men: Artistic mistake?

Options: Yes|Yes.

Have you met Heather Graham yet? Very Happy
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agrey

i want reall cat girls not pepple whith tiger heads and human boddys

if i made a mmorpg whith cat girls as a plyable race thay would be a all female race that can only reproduce by mating whith outher speices

(thay wer created by the anchents for reasons i will not describe in a vain efort to keap the forms PG-13)
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't there allready a 'furries' mmorpg?

Now that is an odd obsession.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know quite a lot of people are offended by cat headed people walking around but there are quite a lot of races to choose from so I don't mind.

barbarians
dark elves
dwarves
erudites - look kind of alien
gnomes
half elves
halflings
iksars - lizard men
kerras - tiger men
ogres
ratongas - rat men
trolls
wood elves
high elves
humans

I think it's pretty amazing they have managed to add quite so many races, even if some are a bit odd looking.
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
Isn't there allready a 'furries' mmorpg?

no thare would only be 2furry races and you would have to unlock catgirls (thare are rare beacuse of thare "breeding habits")

the outher races would be

humans (duh)
Rakhhhk* (bird pepple)
infernals (like dwarves except thay are made of rock and dirt and have pirokneis)
graskas (like a cross between a wesel, a squrill, and a human)
aquarians (humans that evolved to live in the watter thay look like normal pepple except thay have blue skin, webed fingers, and gills)

the unlockable races are
catgirls (alredy mentioned)
ifrits (humans whith batwings, horns, and claws. thay look demonic but are not nesesarly evil. thay are vgerry argesive however)
etherals (cretures of light thay can shapeshift to mimic the aperince of any outher race)
demons (666 evil like etherals thay can alos shapeshift)
elves (demensonal travlers like humans only beatter)
mimicks (shapeshifters whith no true form

thare would also be a few more

*pronunced reach
Gravitron

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EQ2 will fall to WoW which in its turn will fall to Guild Wars and they all will be vanquished by Vanguard.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't look at it like "I'll only get enjoyment from this mmorpg if I dedicate my life over the next 2 years to it" or "i'm scared i'll be addicted". Next time there is a game drought and you have $50 spare (yeh right Wink ) just grab a copy and play it for a few weeks and see how it goes. It used to be the case that mmorpg's were BADLY broken and you didn't get properly entertained unless you played for hours on end, joined guilds and levelled up, etc. I think we are seeing a long awaited turn in the tide, EQ2 is decent fun straight away and i'm sure World of Warcraft will be too.

I'll probably play EQ2 until i've explored a good portion of the land, tried my hand at the different professions and done some interesting quests. I could happily see myself cancelling the subscription after a couple of months or even after the first month and being very satisfied. Depends how many interesting things there are to do. I've already had about 10hours of fun out of it, more than can be said for Halo2 Wink
Yanster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evenin' everyone,

I've got a 16th level Crusader, and it's been a lot of fun up till now. It has not felt like a grind at any point, and there is always lots of stuff to be doing... Quests, killing stuff, grouping with others, crafting, buying stuff for your house, etc. I know things will probably start to slow down after a while, but I certainly like it up to this point.

The graphics are great (though you can turn them all down if your rig is ****). In cities, it does tend to send the HD into a bit of a nervous breakdown, really slowing things down for around five minutes or so. I've only got 512 of ram, so if you only have this much then be warned for some chuggy city bits. Outside, in dungeons, and after city zones have loaded properly, it runs fine.

The world is certainly rich and varied, a lot of nice architecture and monster design, and most of the NPCís are voice acted which adds to the feel of the thing. It is true that the cat headed people are just plain bad, and some of the voice acting on them is worse (they roll all there Rs, which very poor); Iíve not seen many cat headed people though, so itís not a big deal.

The Quests seem to be well thought out; in the beginning, there are a lot of newbie type quests, like go kill 5 of these things, or take this to that guy, but it does not seem tedious yet. A lot of the quests you come across only by chance, which can add some sense of discovery; sometimes you will kill a monster and will discover a map or item that leads into something else.

The world seems very big, Iíve only explored a little part and as yet have not found any zoning outside (the landscapes are quite big). You can travel between certain posts by flying on the backs of big Griffins, which is kind of cool; it doesnít just cut to you being at the destination, you actually take off and properly fly over the map.

There are two starting cities, Qeynos (which is good), and Freeport (which is evil). Iíve started chars in both and each seems very different. The Good city is all nice and goody toe-shoes, where as the evil city is full of rude and spiteful types. I kind of like Freeport, as it has some real character to it; itís all overcast and dingy.

Iíve been playing on Lucan DLere, which is an RP server, and quite surprisingly most of the people are actually role playing. DAoCís attempts at RP servers toally failed (in my opinion), and it is refreshing to playing with others who actually want to get into the spirit of things. I like the way some of the characters (dwarvs and hobbits) are really shorts, where as other (ogres and northmen) and really big; if you put the two together, the big ones are like four times the size of the small ones.

ĎNuff said.

-- Yanster.
hair65

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject: nike shoes and wigs Reply with quote

www.google.com online shopping human hair wigs and nike shoes for discount.wholesale lace front wigs and cheap nike air max shos online.where to buy high quality synthetic wigs and roshe run shoes is a best choice.
human hair wigs
cheap lace front wigs
full lace wigs
lace front wigs
cheap human hair wigs
cheap synthetic wigs
cheap wigs for women
cheap bob wigs
african american wigs cheap
afro wigs cheap
cheap full lace wigs
cheap curly wigs
cheap cosplay wigs
cheap wigs for men
cheap costume wigs
cheap hair extensions

cheap nike shoes
nike air max
nike air max 90
nike air max 90 womens white
white roshes mens
roshes women
cheap air max 90
air max 270 mens
nike air max 1 mens
cheap nikes online
nike sb janoski
nike skateboarding shoes
nike air force one men
nike air force 1 low
black huaraches
nike huarache women
air max 270
air max sale
nike air max sale
air jordan 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: