FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Class game - 1 question :)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 2:44 pm    Post subject: Class game - 1 question :) Reply with quote

Hi all.

Congrats to Moonpod on such a class game. I came across it from one of the better looking adverts at the top of some website. Needless to say, after playing the demo, I will be buying it. Do you ship the CD version to England, or can I get the code and install it on my computers?

It reminds me of K240 on the amiga (dunno if anyone knows what this is), and that was a really good game too.

As I said, great game, the 20 mins thing took me by surprise, so I immediately clicked on buy now Razz
Goober
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Class game - 1 question :) Reply with quote

Tycow wrote:
Hi all.

Howdy,

Tycow wrote:
Congrats to Moonpod on such a class game. I came across it from one of the better looking adverts at the top of some website. Needless to say, after playing the demo, I will be buying it. Do you ship the CD version to England, or can I get the code and install it on my computers?

We certainly do ship to the UK. We're in the UK ourselves, but most people don't realise that because of the .com thing (please note: we pronounce z with an "ed" on the end Smile). If you prefer to get playing now you can go down the route of purchasing an unlock code. Once the purchase has gone through you'll get emailed the details required to get playing. As long as there's no problem you could be playing the full version in something like 20 minutes (depending on internet traffic and such).

Note to anyone reading this, we can ship CDs pretty much anywhere, unless it's under some sort of embargo by the UK government or something, for obvious reasons.

Tycow wrote:
It reminds me of K240 on the amiga (dunno if anyone knows what this is), and that was a really good game too.

Never heard of it. I'll be google'ing for that in a second Smile

Tycow wrote:
As I said, great game, the 20 mins thing took me by surprise, so I immediately clicked on buy now Razz

That's what we like to hear Very Happy Wink
Tycow

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ta for such a swift reply.

I was planning on getting an unlock code, but the whole PayPal thing has ground my ideas to a halt. Apparently, I have to wait 2-3 days for my PayPal number to come through at the credit card company's end, so I can't buy it until then. Sad

Can I use the same unlock code more than once? I.E to stick it on my other PC using the downloaded demo file?
Goober
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tycow wrote:
Ta for such a swift reply.

5 minutes later and I would have been away cooking my dinner. Wink

Tycow wrote:
I was planning on getting an unlock code, but the whole PayPal thing has ground my ideas to a halt. Apparently, I have to wait 2-3 days for my PayPal number to come through at the credit card company's end, so I can't buy it until then. Sad

Ah good, a guinea pig Wink. We thought it was possible to just use Paypal accounts straight away, just that you couldn't spend more than X (whatever X is). It's been so long since we all set up our accounts we can't remember. If you could let us know that would be great, cheers (so we can let anyone else that wants to buy the game know). We'll be rolling out an alternate payment system in the next couple of days (or thereabouts), which definitely does work immediately, but that's not much use to you right now I guess Sad

Tycow wrote:
Can I use the same unlock code more than once? I.E to stick it on my other PC using the downloaded demo file?

You can request a limited number of codes. If you need to move between a lot of computers then the CD version is probably best for you (you don't need a code with the CD version, you just need the CD in the drive). If you're using 2 machines then the download version will be fine. If you start to request lots of codes then you have to start emailing us to get them (at which point we start to get suspicious and inform Scotland Yard and the FBI Wink). For most users this isn't a problem.

HTH.

Now, what do I want for my dinner............ Smile
Rovylern

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We'll be rolling out an alternate payment system in the next couple of days (or thereabouts), which definitely does work immediately...

Laughing WooHoo! I was just about to ask for that info. I'll be poking at the site daily until the alternate system is ready, then I shall be among the first to make use of it. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you...

Frell, but I really don't like/trust PayPal.

Rovy
Tycow

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you can use PayPal accounts straight away, as long as it was set up before hand. The reason I'm having to wait is because my account was set up today (to buy Starscape), so I have to wait for my CC company to get the PayPal membership thing on my bill. If that makes sense.
Goober
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tycow wrote:
I assume you can use PayPal accounts straight away, as long as it was set up before hand. The reason I'm having to wait is because my account was set up today (to buy Starscape), so I have to wait for my CC company to get the PayPal membership thing on my bill. If that makes sense.

Yep, that makes sense. Sadly Sad. We were hoping people wouldn't have to mess around with Paypal before buying the game. Damn. Well, thanks to you and everyone else that persevered with it regardless! Smile. We sincerely hope your enjoyment of the game matches (or, in fact, exceeds) the amount of effort you put in to buy it!! Fingers crossed the new payment system will be in soon and newer customers (I hope they're out there somewhere!!) can take their pick.

Rovylern wrote:
Laughing WooHoo! I was just about to ask for that info. I'll be poking at the site daily until the alternate system is ready, then I shall be among the first to make use of it. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you...

Frell, but I really don't like/trust PayPal.

Rovy

Tell you what, I'll mail you (personally) when the new system is in and working. How's that for support? Wink. In fact, I'll personally mail the next 3 people to reply to this thread saying they want to buy the game, but they're waiting for the new payment system to be in place (not counting Rovylern, he's a winner regardless Wink)...think of it as a really cheap competition Wink
Tycow

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well depending on when Paypal get to my CC.... your alternate payment thing could be implemented by then, so count me in please Smile
Goober
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, you made the list Wink.

2 places left!! Smile
Rovylern

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, but I forgot how much the Brits rock (excepting, of course, the Royal Family, which are just funnier to watch than The Osbournes). THAT is the reason I will be buying Starscape, buying it again once the OS-X version is complete, and will avidly follow (and likely buy) any further creations you guys whip together.

Now, if only I were to find out that a turn-based tactical squad game (a la the first or second X-Com games) is in Moonpod's To-Do basket, I'd not need to look elsewhere for quite a while.

Ok, time to stop before I get too fanboyish. Thanks Goober. You rock.

Rovy
Tycow

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it appears PayPal have taken the $1.95, but haven't given my CC company the 4 digit number yet.

Looks like I'm going to have to wait for that to come through Sad
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buying through PayPal is a joyous experience if you happen to already have an account (honest). When it's a new account and they need to verify your card is legit then waiting is annoying. I can understand why they do it though, there are a lot of naughty people out there.

When I first registered it wasn't too bad, my bank let me view my CC statement online, I think it took a few hours to show up and then I could see the security number.

I know that provides little comfort if you can't get an online statement or it takes your bank a long time to process it. Sad

I'm not sure about share*it, I think it takes them longer to do the purchase (~4 hours), but I think they let anyone sign up and then spend more time on the other end validating each purchase. Whereas PayPal do CC purchase instantly but its longer to get signed up.
Rovylern

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poo Bear wrote:
I'm not sure about share*it, I think it takes them longer to do the purchase (~4 hours), but I think they let anyone sign up and then spend more time on the other end validating each purchase.

Actually, Share*It had my d/l code to me in under 5 minutes. It was quite the pleasing experience. Quick response and a privacy policy I could agree with, gotta love it. Unless Share*It takes more money from you guys in fees, I'd seriously recommend that you offer them as your primary purchase point and leave the PayPal option for those who already have an account.

The ease of Share*It is a large part of why I've been incommunicado these last two days. Kick (other name for a burro) game you've got here. I can't wait to see what your next creation is.

Of course, that's just my $0.27 (adjusted for inflation and exchange rates).

Rovy
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rovylern wrote:
Unless Share*It takes more money from you guys in fees

Well, you've hit the nail on the head there, If Share*It was our only payment system, we would not be able to continue, they take a whopping 5 times the amount that PayPal do. We've not added it so we can make more money, just because some countries can't use PayPal or don't have a credit card, so it's only fair to those people if we give them some way to get the game.

That said, most of our customers prefer to use PayPal anyway, and we have been really impressed with their service. We had seen people having problems with sales accounts before, which had worried us, but we've been really happy with them. Perhaps it's a case that people only speak up when something bad happens, although I suspect that EBay have been a great influence on them (mutiple currencies and more card support were brought in with EBay)
Weeble
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just like to point out that I had no PayPal account before I purchased the game. Maybe it's different because I'm using a debit card, but I was able to buy the game straight away. There's a limit to how much I can spend through PayPal until having confirmed the account (by specifying exactly how many pennies they took from it) but it's easily large enough unless I want to go purchasing computers or DTP suites or furniture or something like that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: