FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Starscape update/sequel ideas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Equipment Drops Reply with quote

I really like the idea of Archnid Class equipment. Not sure I am so keen on rare random items - if something is going to drop unique equipment, I want to be able to track it down without just wandering around for ages on the off chance. I also don't want to be faced with the temptation of save and reload to get the fancy goods.

Fortunately there is plenty of scope in Starscape for extra baddies who drop unique equipment. How about a duplicate of a Boss from a previous level - except this time it has backup, in the form of a few capital ships and a horde of gunboats? Some of these item-hoarders could present a tougher fight than the Final Boss - for the avid collector only.

One of the infuriating things about equipment drops is how easily the equipment gets destroyed, especially if you just made a daring run on a capital ship with hordes of baddies in hot pursuit. Or you go to grab some equipment, only to find that leftover minerals get in the way, clogging your cargo hold. Unique/rare equipment drops, random or not, should be indestructible.

It's also frustrating that only the fighter can pick up equipment - an Aegis scoop upgrade which picks up equipment would be awesomely useful (Scoop 2?). This would make more difference in the early levels when your hulls are small enough to make leaving the Grav Beam out really worthwhile.

The way the Archnid drop the equipment you have researched is weird. It would seem to make more sense for the quality of Archnid equipment drops to be tied to their Level than to your research. I am sure there's some gameplay reason you haven't done that.

Still, at the moment it's apparently possible to win the game without building anything - it would be nice if you could win the game without researching anything either! My vote is for special capital ships (visible on the Grid? or only with scanner upgrades?) carrying unique equipment. The equipment doesn't have to be too fancy; a respectable arsenal for the Aegis (current Aegis max?) and the equivalent of four Blaster 2s and a 1-slot Grav Beam forms the bare minimum.
Ardent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kicker2005 wrote:
on the topic of resource conversion. maybe while in the aegis, convert 10 of resA to 5 of resB. but, u can go to a trading outpost (xenarch maybe) to go from 10resA to 8 resB

you must keep in mind that realistic bounds keep the game from being too cheesy. (Golden Rules) you cannot change lead into gold, so why A into B? however there is a very easy way around this: trading posts (as has been mentioned somewhat before)
DogBoy
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: UI Improvements Reply with quote

I forgot to mention a few UI issues

1. I don't think there has been a single time when I have docked with the Aegis and wanted to repair either my fighter or the station to less than 100%. Result: lots of repeated clicks on the repair buttons. There should be "full repairs" buttons on the docking menu.

2. Same issue with assigning researchers / builders. I usually want to assign all of them to whatever I am researching / building.

3. The ship-building UI is non-ergonomic. When there isn't space for a particular component you shouldn't be able to select it for placement. When a component needs to go in a particular place (e.g. the engine, the generator, weapons) it should start off in that place and arrow keys should cycle it between available locations. Or, as I think someone else has suggested, components should be placed using a context menu on the hull schematic itself.
Zippo342

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of good ideas, here's a few of my own:

1: More ship types. I don't mean better ship types, I just mean more variety, could be designed with different tasks in mind, instead of every ship being a jack of all trades. For example, here's an idea on a mining ship.

[][][][][][][][]

[]..[][][][][].....[]
[]..[][][][][].....[]

[][][][][][][][]

Note, it doesn't have much room in the back for engines, this is to make it cumbersome till you can afford to install a mk 4 engine. Even then it'll remain kinda slow since all the side pods should be restricted to cargo bays with maybe a few exeptions for nova bombs, and nova bomb upgrades. Also notice that there is plenty of room in the middle for shields, generators, and gravity beams. (And some batteries if you like) But there can only be small weapons mounted up front. This is not a ship to bring to battle, but it can give the enemy a headache as it makes it's escape due to the nova bombs. However, ammo on them is limited as is space (maybe 4 slots max for them)

Other designs that I'd like to see, Slower heavy fighter, plenty of shield room and generator room, and lots of weapon mounts, but already weighs a ton with certain stuff included like batteries or missile containers.

Small fast fighter, has 4 weapon slots on the front, only can equip lighter weapons. Doesn't have much mass, and limited customizability early on till you get lvl 4 equipment.

Missile boat, built mainly for missles, with only 2 slots possible for blaster type weapons. Bonus is that you get extra missiles per cargo slot used for that. Maybe instead of 25, you get 35-40.

2: System specific slots, i.e. only engines types of equipment can fit on this kind of slot. (Maybe includes a booster upgrade for certain ships to further increase boost, at a big energy cost) Energy related slots where you can only put generators and/or batteries. Also, batteries place on one of these slots would recharge faster, being closer to the generator, as in less energy wasted not being used. (if there is room that is, you wouldn't make 50 slots avail for this, just maybe 2-6 depending on the ship type) Slots also avail for increasing cargo, or ammo space, or even shields.

Don't get me wrong, the majority of the slots should be universal for customization. What I'm trying to do is add more flavor to different hull types, as in giving them more advantages, and making them more useful towards certain tasks. Maybe you don't even have to restrict the slots to one use, but just give a bonus if used for that purpose. You can mark them with symbols, like an engine for the engines (duh), lightening bolt for energy slots, etc.

3: I could be wrong, but the ships seem to slow down as they drift. Realistically, this would happen so slow that it would be imperceptable (with the exception of in stellar clouds) Ships should accelerate towards a max speed, and then stay there until you fire the engines to change course. Double that for boosters. (the speed I mean) If you have to increase the energy use to balance it or give an energy use to turning, so be it (although any use of energy to turn the ship shouldn't be too much, maybe 1/4 of thrust)

4: Which brings me to this point. Where are the stellar gasses? Are we to believe that in this whole anomaly, planetary formation is all at the same point to where stellar gasses have compressed into planetoids and asteroids. I'd like to see a node or 2 where stellar gasses hamper movement (constant drag) and drain shields. (millions of microscopic impacts a second, too small to bother the hull) This could result in special fighters designed to operate in these environments, and maybe confer an advantage when running from enemies.

5: More weapon types OR make certain enemies weak/strong to certain weapons. Maybe this enemy has ablative plating so that blaster shots kinda glance off, but charged ion cannons heat them up and melt them faster. This one over here has reflective armor so lasers don't transfer much damage at all, but the armor is softer so blasters rip it apart. Have the Boss take note of your favorite weapons more and more as you progress, and it builds ships that are strong to your attacks, making you have to keep a large arsenal of weapons in reserve so you can switch it up every now and again to stay ahead of the game. (prevents one tactic from winning everywhere)

6: Give the enemies the intelligence to try to destroy nova bombs before they go off. We can destroy mines, why can they not? It still makes for a good distraction as a get-away. Maybe only certain ships have that intelligence, as others only do it on accident.

7: Not my idea, (well it was, but someone else thought of it before I could put it up) but Asteroid scanners. Good god, I hate breaking apart every little asteroid later in the game just to find out it had nothing. Heck, I've taken apart a huge asteroid once to find it completely devoid of anything worthwhile. Save me some time please Smile

8: Increase the invulnerability time of resources dropped by enemies a little. I hate it when a large capitol ship I'm fighting blows up, but I had so many shots out that a few of my last shots fire before it blows up destroy all the goodies. Without a boss hp scanner, how am I supposed to know when to stop firing.

9: Have small and medium sized ships drop at least a small resource piece. I love to chase large concentrations of enemies for resources from time to time, but hate it when I find out that there are no capitol ships in the nearest 10 zones, just huge concentrations of the little guys. I'm looking for resources, not a frag fest Laughing

10: Gravity beam directionality=BAD Maybe keep it for the lvl 1, but as you progress, make it wider, till you have one that pulls everything around you in. Also, when you have a full hull, why can't you use the gravity beam for other tasks? For example I like to yank clumps of resources towards the AEGIS. Or maybe when your hull is full, let it stop all resources from moving. Nothing is more annoying to pull in a large group of resources not realizing you're almost full and half of them break on your hull. Maybe give us another couple buttons for gravity control. One normal, one pull all, one push, and one for stopping all motion in it's field. This way you can mine by chucking asteroids and resources at the AEGIS and watching it do the work. You could also push asteroids into the enemy and laugh.

11: The AEGIS repairs ships and itself with extra minerals, why doesn't it keep pulling in minerals that are extra when repairs need to be done. I would love to see that implemented. I hate wondering why so many minerals drift away from the AEGIS uncollected just to find out we were full of blue or something but it was at half health.

12: Let me choose what minerals are used to repair. If I need lots of blue to finish a project, more than I can hold, and I don't have much green or yellow, but I dont' need them anymore, let me decide to use them to repair my ships instead of using the most plentiful resource available (in this case, the resource I need the most)

13: Capitol ships and space worms seem to give off almost only green and yellow minerals. This is the prime reason I spend mining asteroids late in the game. I don't know why this is, as blue is needed for almost everything in great quantities, but this is where my bottleneck is. Maybe you can fix this by giving smaller ships almost all small blue minerals when they die.

14: Why can't equipment and research be a little more random in what you need resource wise? I don't mean different each time, but maybe shields and generators need lots of green, explosives and thrust require yellow, and hulls require lots of blue. Give the resources a kind of personality of their own. This would also help guide most players as to what to research next too, maybe they have lots of yellow, so they get that next engine tech instead of the shield, meanwhile they look for the green to mine.

15: I'm slightly colorblind. Green-Yellow that is. I have a little trouble differentiating between the green colored resource and the yellow. I can, but it'd help me and anyone else who's got a color problem to change the colors slightly that you use. One tip is put them in grayscale and see if you can tell them apart. If it's easy, that's great, otherwise, change the brightness of one till it is easy for each. This game is tollerable on the color for me as I've only got minor color vision problems, but people with more major problems might have a lot more trouble as the two are similarly shaped at first glance. Making green just a little darker would work. Not sure if anyone has problems with the blue one though, but I'd check it in grayscale too, just in case. (F.Y.I. For future games Red-Green is the most common, Green-Yellow second most common, Green-Blue is third, and Red-Blue is fourth. Maybe this can help you prioritize what colors you use in the future, if 2 colors have to be close, Red-Blue colors would inhibit far fewer people than Red-Green.)

Oh my, this has gotten long. Well, other than internet multiplayer:lol:, this is my wish list.

-Mel
Lothar
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: UI Improvements Reply with quote

DogBoy wrote:
1. I don't think there has been a single time when I have docked with the Aegis and wanted to repair either my fighter or the station to less than 100%.

On the other hand, I regularly repair to much less than 100%. Because repairs come out of the most abundant resource, I often want to stop repairing to save a certain resource type that I'm using for building or research (if I have a bunch of green and purple and I'm building something that costs 200 purple, I'll somtimes repair as long as green is at the top and then I'll stop repairing.)

"Full repairs" would be nice to have, but we should definitely also have the ability to make small repairs.

Zippo342 wrote:
1: More ship types. I don't mean better ship types, I just mean more variety, could be designed with different tasks in mind, instead of every ship being a jack of all trades. For example, here's an idea on a mining ship.

[][][][][][][][]

[]..[][][][][].....[]
[]..[][][][][].....[]

[][][][][][][][]

I likes it! Limited weapons capacity, but pretty good cargo capacity overall. It would fit in well with some of the alternative ships I've suggested...

Quote:
Small fast fighter, has 4 weapon slots on the front, only can equip lighter weapons. Doesn't have much mass, and limited customizability early on till you get lvl 4 equipment.

We already have that. It's called the Prowler. (I usually keep one for late-game.)

Quote:
2: System specific slots, i.e. only engines types of equipment can fit on this kind of slot.

Not sure I like this idea. One of the things I really love about Starscape is that I can do things with ship designs that others don't often think of. For example, I used to fill my center weapons slots on avengers with blaster 2's and a shield 2 during early zones. That's not what the designers intended, but it's how I used that space.

If you start limiting slots to only hold certain equipment, all of a sudden we need 12 different hull types for what we currently only need 3 for.

Now, if we had 12 different hull types, maybe making certain ones with built-in bonuses would be a great idea, but I wouldn't make the bonuses area-specific. Maybe you could make certain hulls that have built-in afterburners or high-capacity batteries or whatever, though.

Quote:
3: I could be wrong, but the ships seem to slow down as they drift. Realistically, this would happen so slow that it would be imperceptable

In normal space, sure. We're not in normal space.

Quote:
5: More weapon types OR make certain enemies weak/strong to certain weapons.

Agreed on both. There is already some degree of enemies being weak/strong to certain weapons based on their shape, armor configuration, etc. but maybe not enough.

Quote:
9: Have small and medium sized ships drop at least a small resource piece.

Maybe once in a while. But you should have to mostly mine or fight bigger ships for your resources.

There are always worm nodes if you don't have enough. If the Aegis has a decent cannon, a drill, and 3 scoops you hardly even need your own ship.

Quote:
11: The AEGIS repairs ships and itself with extra minerals, why doesn't it keep pulling in minerals that are extra when repairs need to be done.

Heck yeah!

Quote:
13: Capitol ships and space worms seem to give off almost only green and yellow minerals. This is the prime reason I spend mining asteroids late in the game. I don't know why this is, as blue is needed for almost everything in great quantities, but this is where my bottleneck is. Maybe you can fix this by giving smaller ships almost all small blue minerals when they die.

Ahh, but that's the point. Different types of mining get you different resources. Big ships drop a lot of greens and yellows, normal rocks and iceteroids drop a decent mix, and worm nodes give you tons of purple. (You can also get lots of purple by recycling equipment you pick up from cap ships -- unless you *want* to have 17 blaster 3's lying around by the end of the game.)

Quote:
14: Why can't equipment and research be a little more random in what you need resource wise? I don't mean different each time, but maybe shields and generators need lots of green, explosives and thrust require yellow, and hulls require lots of blue.

That'd be neat too.
Darth Dallas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

11: The AEGIS repairs ships and itself with extra minerals, why doesn't it keep pulling in minerals that are extra when repairs need to be done.

Quote:
Heck yeah!

That's a great idea. I wonder if the status bars on the bottom right that show your ship's status and the stations is too cluttered to do this - but, it might be cool to have another bar graph in there representing your "resource overflow" so to speak.

Maybe if we could equip Aegis with additional capacity for gem stores, that could sort of be the manifestation of that notion. Then repairs and stuff could be done by tapping the reserve overflow first, not what your R&D is siphoning from (yet anyway) by still dipping from the main one.

I'm thinking all we'll need for this is one single bar, rather than it being broken down by how much of what type occupies it (with 3 separate bars). After all, this is sort of the pot luck resource chamber. That is to say that maybe when on the research page or something like that, you can differentiate it, but when your fighting, I think by necessity and to avoid clutter in the status bar, one would be enough.

Quote:
Now, if we had 12 different hull types, maybe making certain ones with built-in bonuses would be a great idea, but I wouldn't make the bonuses area-specific. Maybe you could make certain hulls that have built-in afterburners or high-capacity batteries or whatever, though.

I think this would work. For instance, maybe it doesn't come with a kickass engine, but maybe it comes with batteries like you said or better RCS systems for maneuvering. Ya know, something that could help you rotate your craft better while it was on a different flight path to enable better strafing of large targets.

I know that some components need to be area specific as far as placement goes, but I wonder if for some of the other equipment types (not so much weapons but might be something to explore in designing other hulls) is the ability to reorient those parts for placement.

I'm forgetting which game I was playing that was like this, but it let you left select a component with the mouse, and with the right mouse button, click how ever many times you needed to see how the orientation would be (usually horizontal vs vertical alignment). When you liked what you saw, left clicking again placed the item.

Man, I'm forgetting what that game was, can anyone help me out? Smile I know it had to be mid '90s or so.
Tryagain Infinity

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MadCat wrote:
Surprised it hasn't been done yet:

L4 Gravity Scoop

The addition to the latest iteration of the Gravity Scoop isn't really scoop-ish in nature, it allows the user to not just hold asteroids stationary, but to hold the asteroid directly in front of the ship. This allows the ship weilding the scoop to move asteroids about. One doesn't have to be too bright or tactically gifted to realize the tactical value of being able to throw space rocks about.

To balance it, the L4 would be 1x2 pods big, like the L1. The ship would also be slowed down some depending on the size of the rock being moved.

Enemy capital ships would attempt to shoot the rock down before it hit, but the fragments would still travel towards them, making it a hard choice between being sluggish while delivering a large rock, or watching a small rock get shot down before it hits its victim.

Fost: I reap the spoils of victory over capital ships, so it's not all for naught. Smile

I like this idea best because you can just tow an asteroid in range of the Aegis and let it do the work with its mining scoops and lasers. It sounds like an easy thing to implement into Starscape.
Beanstalk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 thoughts (which will probably never make it into the game, but theres no harm in trying Wink ), both probably only viable for a full fledged part II:

My base is my castle, just look at any RTS player! So Iīd like to see you go above and beyond with Aegis upgrades. I have this vision where you donīt just strap on new turrets but build whole new sections (a prolonged and resource-intensive processes that goes through several stages, starting at basic scaffolding). Eventually, the original Aegis would end up as the "snap-in" command-centre of a whole new, boss-sized base.
Upgrades could include, for example, a hangar bay that produces and deploys automatic ming drones, to touch on another issue mentioned here.

And since AI wingmen/mining drones were mentioned: Researching more intelligent/adaptable drone AI should, of course, be a whole new part of the tech tree.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beanstalk wrote:
just look at any RTS player!

Ahh, but Starscape isn't an RTS, which is the problem with going down this line of thinking. The greater the automation, the more you move away from player driven combat and into making Starscape - the space RTS.

Now, that might be pretty cool in itself, but how far can we push it before the player piloting around a spaceship feels like his or her actions are inconsequential?

It's actually a really interesting design issue.

The three most common requests that push us down this route:

1. Autonomous Ore Harvesting: Either by drones, or crew in manned ships. Perhaps something you could leave in a node and come back to.
  2. Wingmen: AI Units that can either follow you about or can be given orders to protect the Aegis.
  3. The Aegis transformed into a death star: Even more upgrades for the Aegis, to turn it into a real battleship.

I can see number 1 being interesting - especially as something/someone you leave in a node. Perhaps with its own defences. Of course, huge balancing nightmare. It's also the kind of thing you could do with making sure you need to use to progress, but also something not everyone would like using. I can also see it going in at a basic level, but then generating loads of feature requests - wanting to research new upgrades, things happening in certain situations that we want the AI to take care of, notifications about which nodes are under attack/mined out (this might be possible in iconic form on the warp map).

2 and 3 start to get very complicated though. With wingmen, it's very, very difficult to write AI for them which doesn't just end up being annoying. Still, that's something Poo Bear is particularly versed in, so I'd say it's possible given enough time. What you really need now though are tougher enemies and missions that will prove a test for your mini armada, and al the while it has to be you that makes the difference. Very, very tough to balance this kind of gameplay. The chaos engine was one game that managed it with a second computer controlled player, but usually that got annoying on the later levels and you left them to die. Still, on paper, Starscape wingmen sound very cool, and it's easy to get excited about the idea.

Number 3, the Starscape Death Star, is something I've never been convinced by. If the Aegis becomes too powerful, it flips the gameplay out - something that took a long time to get right in the first place was the strength of the Aegis. However, perhaps we coul think laterally about the issue of upgrading the Aegis - more passive upgrades would be nice; things that might allow you to undertake different tasks within the Aegis itself. I've also always loved the idea of being able to assign crew within the Aegis in more interesting ways than Research <> Development. Defence teams, combined with some basic stats that improve throughtout the game depending on assignment would be cool.

Another option that might not flip out the balance completely, would be a 'zone base'. A static base that can be constructed within each zone in a node of your choice, and upgraded to your hearts content. Since it won't be going anywhere, it doesn't matter if it becomes invincible - in fact, that's probably the point - to open up safe routes through the zones. Although in their infancy, you'd need to be wary of Archnid attacks taking them out before you could build them up enough.
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought it would be cool to incorporate arknid tech into your ship at the cost of slowly turning evil. Twisted Evil

Max finds some arknid cells attached to the warp core component salvaged from the zone 1 boss. Imeditly Rin orders Bud to look them up to protect the ship but Max wants to study them so he convinces you to help him steel them , but as you open the canaster they fuse themselves with you and become part of your body. The cells give you new powers but you start to gain a split personality, you try to control it but you start wanting more power and you good side starts to fail as you fall deeper into the dark side.
Flumpaphone

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding option 3 and the idea of making zone bases. This could be perhaps more interesting if the Archnid also have their own bases which act like "monster generators". So, to complete a zone, you need to destroy all the Archnid bases and replace them with Aegis team bases.
Darth Dallas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, areas of contention like that would be cool.

Something else to add to the thought: More than one base can form a trade route between them and also act as a reinforcement option of some sort for you on the front line.

If you figure that in a sequel, with a much more robust roving platform like the Aegis (being capable of various changes in capability by the player), that would imply that modules and weapons can be damaged or destroyable. Trade lanes might be one way to speed up replacement modules you may have chosen to store on one of these outposts.

It would be one less thing to have to worry about, unless it was attacked, of visiting a base once you've set it up. (or was a repair refuel stop or something). It also increases, without putting it all on your station's shoulders, your storage needs. Actually, maybe one base per Zone would be sufficient rather than more depending on how the ally races thing were to become.

I also like the idea that much of the information should be reflected some how on the grid map. i.e. You could be in Zone 3, but want to toggle base info for your Zone 1 base. You could just click the node icon to bring it up to get it and make changes there without actually accidentally setting up a travel waypoint to it.

This wouldn't cancel out the other cool ideas about those transport pods or anything. Either they'd be on trading runs, mining, or forming that run between one of those points and your primary offensive station.
Beanstalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all three points would be doable if the player has a choice between classic Starscape and Battlescape in space, i.e. the game has to be finishable using both styles.

The way to do this could be to make upgrades for the fighter hull that take miniturization to the extreme (perhaps utilizing small pocket dimensions of their own... bag of holding anyone? Wink ), but are so expensive to research and build that you have to, at least in part, forego building wingmen and/or the Deagis Star.

As for meaningful player influence: I wouldnīt say that the player no longer has meaningful influence. It is more that the area of this influence is partly transferred from the battlefield itself to resource management and designing good ships for different jobs and assigning them good AI parameters (agressiveness, attack distance etc.). Also, if you manage to build a good interface for it (which is, of course, no easy task), properly directing your wingmen and the aegis while still engaging the enemy and perhaps even scooping up the remains of your wingman to mitigate your losses can make one hell of a difference.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beanstalk wrote:
I think all three points would be doable if the player has a choice between classic Starscape and Battlescape in space, i.e. the game has to be finishable using both styles.

I don't think that's going to happen though. You are talking about making two completely different games within one system. Money considerations aside (it's hard enough for us to make one game), I don't think this works unless the two sides are integrated and balanced and the player needs to use them both throughout the game. If the strategy stuff becomes all encompassing towards the end, then it makes the arcade action side of things pointless.

It is possible to balance this kind of thing though, it just gets exponentially harder the more your allies do for you.
mowfax

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a little suggestion but right now I don't have the time to read this whole thread and search didn't return something.

I just made through zone 4 and noticed that the amount of nodes per zone was increasing quite a lot. I also didn't have the time to play zone 4 in one session and forgot which nodes I had visited and which not. When the worms came in, it was really annoying to search all nodes, so I just forgot about getting 100% exploring.
(Besides, are there 5 crewmembers to get in zone 4?)

So here's my suggestion:
Introduce a little indicator around the node or next to the resource bar that shows if you have explored this node or not. It would be really helpful when playing over some sessions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: