FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Zone 3 boss kicking my A**
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Zone 3 boss kicking my A** Reply with quote

Help please? I've made it to zone three. I have a real nasty fighter (Devastator hull, 2xIon Cannon L4, 2x Plasma Torpedo, Lots of extra ammo, 2x Ion Beam Pods, level 4 shield). I go up against this thing, and the hints say I should destroy its lasers first. Yea right. I pound and pound on them, but nothing makes them go away. They don't even blink! And I cann't stay around long enough to blast a hole in the thing when it constantly wipes it's lasers all over me.

HELP!?
HunterXI

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

destroy the lasers?!? where'd u get that? anyway, there's some wavy looking pipes on teh bottom, target those first. I wont say any more for fear that I'll ruin the fun Razz
Tripster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HunterXI wrote:
destroy the lasers?!? where'd u get that?

From this web server! See: http://www.moonpod.com/English/manual_ss.php?page=hints&code=8DEC148ED15D02A8&exe=1

To quote from the Level 3 Boss defeating hints:

Always look for something that flashes when you shoot it. The main weapon periodically releases an electrical charge, there is no defence against this so you must get out of range. You can get some indication of when it is about fire from the noise it makes. The boss is also protected by a number of laser turrets firing strobing overlapping beams. Try to destroy these turrets as your first priority. Underneath the boss are two openings blocked by barriers which must be destroyed before you can gain entry. Inside the boss are sensitive generators which must be destroyed to kill the boss.

HunterXI wrote:
anyway, there's some wavy looking pipes on teh bottom, target those first. I wont say any more for fear that I'll ruin the fun Razz

I've been TRYING! I get close enough and if I'm LUCKY I get two shots before the lasers kick in and I have to get the H*** out of dodge before they fry me! It takes approx FIVE SECONDS of laser contact to go from 100% shield and 100% health to DEAD. If there was a way to slow the game down then that would help greatly, but as it is, I don't see how it could be POSSIBLE for me to beat this SOB because it's too DAMB FAST for my reflexes. I cann't react fast enough or get my damb ship to move fast enuogh (with Level 4 ENGINES!) to keep from being DESTROYED in under two minutes!
Lothar
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since he flies toward you... get to where you can shoot at the pipe things, and then start backing up and shooting. He'll keep flying at you and running into your shots, and you'll be backing up and therefore out of range. When you destroy the pipe things, some of the turrets will shut off.

Also, your ship should be armed with only straight-firing weapons for this boss -- rockets and blasters. Homing stuff will miss the pipe things and hit stuff you can't destroy.
Bobacles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find that the zone 3 boss is really difficult if you're overweight. Try to keep your ship well below the mass limit. Having a smaller ship also seems to help here, as they can get you where you need to go much easier.
Tripster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobacles wrote:
I find that the zone 3 boss is really difficult if you're overweight. Try to keep your ship well below the mass limit. Having a smaller ship also seems to help here, as they can get you where you need to go much easier.

I Am under weight, 89/150 mass. The problem is that there's no attack time. I cann't destroy the lasers, and there is only like 2 seconds between when they turn off and the lightning weapon fires. That's not enough time to get to minimum safe range from that damb weapon. It's got a hell of a range!
Bobacles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tripster wrote:
Bobacles wrote:

I Am under weight, 89/150 mass. The problem is that there's no attack time. I cann't destroy the lasers, and there is only like 2 seconds between when they turn off and the lightning weapon fires. That's not enough time to get to minimum safe range from that damb weapon. It's got a hell of a range!

You have to find a way to destroy the lasers. Any time they flash white, you're hurting them. Don't stop until they're dead, and you won't have to worry about them anymore.
Spoiler (highlight to read):
When the lasers are destroyed, you'll have alot more time to sneak up on the boss and hit his weak spots.

Charged up blasters are great here. A full charge is guaranteed to hit a laser turret and damage it.

You have to use your afterburners to get enough speed. Normal thrusters won't cut it most of the time.
You can't destroy the lightning weapon. When it charges up, use your afterburners and RUN.
Lothar
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I again refer you to my post.

Get below him and start backing up while you shoot toward the pipe things with straight-firing weapons (you don't have to be able to see them to hit them!) His turrets will be active, but you can stay out of their range if you keep backing up, and they'll become disabled as you blow up the pipe things. The only thing you have to worry about then is the lightning -- watch the flame for visual cues, and you'll know when the lightning is ready. Then just get away.

The thing you have to be careful of is that you don't get pinned along the bottom edge of the map. Once you've backed most of the way down, hit your burners and head off to the side and then up to the top of the map, and get ready for another run.
RailGun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Lothar Said, as you blow up the pides the turrets will blow up as well there is no other way to kill the turrets.

I beat Zone 3 Boss with a Runabout: Level 4 Engines and Generator, 2 Level 2 blasters and 2 Missle Drones, repaired in Aegis ONCE but wouldn't leave after that, blasted through the pipes which in turn destroyed the turrets more turrets got the inside equipment and got blown ut ramming through to the outside while Aeigis blew it up with my level 3 Seige cannon :P
Weeble
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing this boss can do that's a bit of a minor bug is if you hit an inside wall you can be dragged through to the outside, taking damage all the way. I don't think this is intentional, and it can be pretty lethal. It helps to have a small ship and a good engine. Having just played all through the game in a prowler, and can safely say this boss was the toughest. All the rest get really easy when you know what you're doing, but this one's still tricky.
Tripster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lothar wrote:
Since he flies toward you... get to where you can shoot at the pipe things, and then start backing up and shooting. He'll keep flying at you and running into your shots, and you'll be backing up and therefore out of range. When you destroy the pipe things, some of the turrets will shut off.

Also, your ship should be armed with only straight-firing weapons for this boss -- rockets and blasters. Homing stuff will miss the pipe things and hit stuff you can't destroy.

That did the trick! Thanks! I took your advice, dropped the ion cannons and armed the ship (Devastator hull) with four Maxed Blasters (level 3?). Combine that with two Ion Pods, and although I took quite a bit of damage, I survided and it didn't. Thank you so much for the help!
The DataBeaver

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit offtopic, but how did you get level 4 stuff on zone 3? I can't research beyond level 3, except for blasters.
Crimson_Knight

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume he's playing it on easy, there are no tech limits when you play on that difficulty level.
The DataBeaver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would explain it. I'm playing on hard.
Drazek

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am playing on Easy... so you have to use those Giant Block machines on hard.... ouch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: