FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
i hate anime now
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Film Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: i hate anime now Reply with quote

i just got the first 3 volumes of the nausicaš manga

and its WAY better than the movie
and has a completely deferent storyline

Spoiler (highlight to read):
the torumekians are the good guys (sorta) rather than villainous fiends that murdered poor king jill for starters

the real enemy is the dorok

it also has a lot more depth Spoiler (highlight to read):
not only is kushana the princess of torumekia she has 3 brothers who betray her

why he changed the plot this much i have no idea

and nausicaš isn't the only one
from what i've sean AKIRA was also mangled when it was made into a movie

and lets not speak of ghost in the shell Evil or Very Mad

people complain about how tom bobmbadil doesn't appear in the LOTR movies but at least they diddent alter the plot

i have no more faith in any anime that is based on a manga

Last edited by icarus on Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was Nausicaa originally a manga? Or is it the manga of the movie? I'll keep an eye out for that, sounds good.

Akira Manga will blow you away - if you like manga, you must get it. Ghost in the shell movie was good but much colder than the comic, which was a lot more fun. I didn't enjoy Ghost In the Shell: Innocence a great deal, but I love Stand Alone Complex. The Appleseed movie was worth seeing, but nowehere near as much fun as the 4 book manga.

Just got the ghost in the shell 2 manga, but haven't had chance to read it yet - I'll let you know what I think when I've read it.

On the subject of anime - has anyone seen Last Exile? I keep hearing good things about it.
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it was origonaly a manga
you can get it on amazon.com

its WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better
HunterXI

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As to Akira, you like whichever you see first: The movie, or the Manga... Personally, I think the Movie's great, but I haven't read the Manga.

And as to Ghost in the Shell... Yes, while each new variant of the storyline changes what was likeable about the last, I think that it's kinda nice because you have relatively the same story except with a modifiable level of happiness (The Scale goes from Innocence to the Bouncy-Happy Tachikoma S.A.C. Episodes).

Manga was great, 1st Movie was so-so (it had it's own merits), S.A.C. are teh pwn (Who can't like the Tachikomas? WHO?!?), Innocence's story wasn't perfect (but hell, with visuals like that, who cares?), and 2nd GIG is almost as perfect as the first season (They made the storyline a little darker, there're a bit too much politics involved, and there aren't enough Individual Episodes). Furthermore, there's a somewhat lackluster PS2 game, and a yet-to-be-seen PSP FPS (the only reason I'm getting one).

Christ, that's a big universe.
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have anouther case to bring to the stand

appleseed

i torented the manga and the movie and the movie sucked
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icarus wrote:
i have anouther case to bring to the stand

appleseed

i torented the manga and the movie and the movie sucked

Which appleseed movie? The new one or the old one?

They are both pretty naff to be fair, but I got some enjoyment just out of the animation. It is a total missed opportunity though - the manga is a sprawling epic, whereas both films don't really make much sense.

PS: no going on about bit-torrents here please Smile
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new one

also i plan on buying the manga
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icarus wrote:
new one

Yeah - sometimes I thought the 3D stuff was good, but other times it just didn't quite cut it. I loved having some of my favourite scenes on screen, but the story just didn't make much sense to me after they'd mucked it around so much. There's the occasional enjoyable action scene in it, but that's about it.
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazing i write a 2 lines and get replys but i write a whole esay and i get nouthing
Magnulus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting .Hack//Sign again. I watched it a long long time ago (in a bedsit far far away) and thought it was pretty cool, and I heard that .Hack was going to be spanning several medias with different stories in the same canon, so I thought that sounded pretty interesting. I just saw some footage from the game .Hack//G.U. (I think) and it looks really, really good. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

I wonder if there's any official DVD release of Hack Sign with English subs... That would be best.
EDIT: Yes, there is. There's even a Collector's Edition. Costing $139 at Amazon. Oh well...
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sign was good because it had good music and was confusing

but legend of twilight was messed up ::shudder::
Darth Dallas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Venus Wars was pretty good as a film - from memory here, it seemed the art from the comics I had, transferred similarly well to the screen, but I couldn't stomach its soundtrack. The singing in it was somewhat grating.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth Dallas wrote:
The singing in it was somewhat grating.

I have the same problem with the transformers movie. Do I really want a soft rock band singing in the background during a tense moment?

Answer: No...
jollyreaper

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akira is eye candy. The anime cannot even begin to make sense of the story, not enough time. Of course, the manga has far more time and makes even less sense of it. It looks cool. The artistic technique is incredible and modern illustrators still have trouble touching it. I can't imagine how long the dude spent drawing each page, most artists cannot afford that much time, they have deadlines. Nevertheless, the story is a mess. I think the elements that make up Akira are fascinating, that's what helped to drive the immense success, but to be a good story, I think it would require serious editing. By all means, check it out for yourself.
InaneAndMatu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I don't like most anime either, but I reccomend the hell out of Last Exile, It starts out like most action animes, but unlike others, it gets (alot) better as it goes on.
Helluva lot better than Naruto or Bleach or anything, plus it's not drawn out over 100 episodes.

Seriously, the ending made me cry, and no movie or show has ever done that before.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Film Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: