FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Ultraviolet
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Film Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Ultraviolet Reply with quote

Of interest because it's being directed by Kurt Wimmer (of Equilibrium fame), otherwise though, it's looking incredibly cheesy. Should be fun...

Watch the trailer here
Slyh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Ultraviolet Reply with quote

Oh, Milla Jovovich! Yummy! Smile

She looks better with blond or orange-red-like hair, though. Wink
Magnulus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the Cheesy and I agree with the hair.
It's just not the same when she's not saying "Chick-ahn! GOOD!" Or "Mooltipass"

Anyway. It does, in fact, look kind of fun. If only because it seems it's actually NOT a comic-book or cartoon adaptation (Ghasp! Horror!). And Milla looks as though she fits her role, a stark contrast to some OTHER films (yes, Æon Flux.) I've seen trailers for. Of course, the fact that Wimmer wrote the character FOR Jovovich helps.
Slyh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnulus wrote:
I agree with the Cheesy

I watched the trailer now. Looks like a lot of fun in a, yeah, cheesy kind of way. :)

Magnulus wrote:
It's just not the same when she's not saying "Chick-ahn! GOOD!" Or "Mooltipass"

She is soooo cute in this movie. OK, sure, she only was 22 or something in The Fifth Element...
In the trailer for Ultraviolet she looks much like 30, ...essentially because she now is. It really is a shame that all of my favourite movie stars from my youth turn older and older. Somebody really should do something about that! ;-)

Magnulus wrote:
Anyway. It does, in fact, look kind of fun. If only because it seems it's actually NOT a comic-book or cartoon adaptation (Ghasp! Horror!). And Milla looks as though she fits her role, a stark contrast to some OTHER films (yes, Æon Flux.) I've seen trailers for. Of course, the fact that Wimmer wrote the character FOR Jovovich helps.

I totally agree with that.
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at least she doesn't slowly spin in place 360degrees holding a gun in each hand while shooting up a million solders *cough Æon Flux cough*

also the hologram car thing was cool

bottom line

action and trailer music is good but plot and dialog is bad

and if there is gunkata than it cant go wrong

EDIT spell checkis on the fritz cconnectingwords and rrepeatingthe first letters of words like this

Last edited by icarus on Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:25 pm; edited 4 times in total
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aeon Flux worth watching then? Not even been out over here...

Movie opinions aside, Charlize Theron can act, whereas Milla can't; not that it should matter much in this film, but then we should never settle for mediocrity.

Slyh wrote:
It really is a shame that all of my favourite movie stars from my youth turn older and older.

*Ahem* 30 isn't old! That's when things start to get exciting. Monica Bellucci is in her 40s now, and she's absolutely gorgeous...
Magnulus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
Monica Bellucci

Wreowr!

(and let's not forget Johnny Depp!)
Slyh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
Movie opinions aside, Charlize Theron can act, whereas Milla can't;

What? Milla can't act? Never noticed that! Very Happy

No, seriously, I saw some bad actresses: Diane Kruger, Tara Reid, Halle Berry, just to name some that came to my mind. It sometimes was quite embarrassing to even watch them trying to act. Twisted Evil
I never ever was embarrassed watching Milla. So it definitely can not be that bad.

Fost wrote:
*Ahem* 30 isn't old!

Sure it is. At least in this context I wanted it to be. Smile
Hey, no offense or anything like that!

Fost wrote:
That's when things start to get exciting. Monica Bellucci is in her 40s now, and she's absolutely gorgeous...

Maybe. (Too old for me, though. Wink)
Also, she is not one of the movie stars of my youth, so it's ok that she becomes old... But Milla! Please, not Milla!
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slyh wrote:
Halle Berry

I know what you mean, there's a bit of a 'tv actress' about Halle, but I wouldn't say she's bad. In fact, Monster's Ball really showed she was capable given the right circumstances. If you think about it, she hasn't really had particularly good roles - Catwoman, Swordfish and Gothika Sad

Slyh wrote:
Maybe. (Too old for me, though. Wink)

There's no maybe about it! Smile If she hasn't been in them, she's been in the top ten of just about every 'most gorgeous woman' poll that's ever been run in a trashy men's mag - not to mention the private poll I ran in my head Smile Plus, she's a fantastic actress - it's almost a shame she's filled all the 'wheel on the vamp' roles lately, because you tend to miss her ability to shame most actresses out of the door.

Still, if she's too old for you, that means there's more rampant totty for us real men* Wink

*Of course, she's married to the hugely talented Vincent Cassel, and I'm a loser, but I can always dream...
Darth Dallas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah man, if ever there was a chance to use Jack Nicolson's line in Batman here its her "She's about to trade up." Smile

And you didn't like Halley in Swordfish? I thought it was a decent popcorn movie. Never saw Gothica or Catwoman, but having seen the previews of Catwoman, I can relate to the tv actress comment.

I still think they should have made that spinoff after Batman Returns, with Pfieffer instead. Even if it sucked, I'd have probably seen it then.
Magnulus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pfeiffer! Now THERE'S a catwoman. I think I wore my old VHS of Batman Returns down to next to nothing in certain places. Oh, the wonderdays of yore.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth Dallas wrote:
And you didn't like Halley in Swordfish?

Halle Berry was the best thing in Swordfish, but that had nothing to do with her acting skills. Monster's Ball on the other hand shows she can do something other than look foxy.

Michelle Pfeiffer is a bit of a conundrum too - a brilliant actress (in my opinion) but almost every film she makes sucks...
Darth Dallas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't exactly say I've seen everything she's been in, but the last movie I enjoyed her work was in that thriller with Harrison Ford a few years back. It was spooky, and to top it off it was nice to see Ford in a not so good guy part for a change.
digriz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
Michelle Pfeiffer is a bit of a conundrum too - a brilliant actress (in my opinion) but almost every film she makes sucks...

She has always been tainted after i realised she was in Grease2 *shudder*..arguably the worst film ever made. Worse than Iron Eagle 2.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

digriz wrote:
Worse than Iron Eagle 2.

Is that the one where they fire bazookas out of a propeller fighter to take jet fighters out?

Classic... Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Film Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: