FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Vol 1.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Film Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icarus wrote:
why couldn't they have left it 2 and had sac folow the manga

To be honest, I'm glad they didn't; I like SAC the best, and I like Motoko in SAC best. I recently watched Ghost In the Shell 2: Innocence, (I'll try and post up a review when I get a sec). It tries to follow the ideas in the manga more (Motoko is now merged with the puppet master and has entered the net for good - only downloading herself into various cyber bodies when needed.)

It's nice, but I thought the whole thing was a little dry. Perhaps I'm now more acclimatised to SAC, where the characters are a little more down to Earth, and there's time to explore their personalities in more depth. It's really grown on me , and I love the look of SAC best, even above the films.
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

huh

innocence was the sequel to the movie and had nothing to do with the manga

if i rember correctly (it has been a long time since i read it the major still had her normal body (not really her spare body was rotten and the body batou got her turned out to be a mans Shocked )

and sac is closer to the manga than the movie (characters have a sense of humor, cute spider mecha, side storys)

what i meant was i wish thae had fuchikoms instead of tachikomas
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tachikomas are cool as characters though, even if you don't like the design. Towards the end of series 1, they have all gone a bit bonkers, and have to be decommisioned. They are working in various jobs - road construction, looking after people in an old people's home, etc. 3 of them find out that Batou is in serious trouble, and set of to help him (despite not being armed). It's a fantastic episode Very Happy
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its just they had a perfect design and decided to throw it out the window and replace it with a less capable module

the origonal fuchi had 2 6mm mecheen guns rather than 1,
a mouler weapons mount that actual got used, (in SAC the moduler weapons mount always seems to be empty) some modules also had 2 hardpoints mounted on the shoulders, a smaller target profile, and the fuchi looked a lot cuter and more badass at the same time
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you are right. On the Tachis the front mount is a covered rpg (it does get used sometimes) and within each hand there is a machine gun.
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no thare is only one m-gun
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well spotted!
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh if you stay on the SAC website you will see the laughing man's logo hovering around
and if you try to click on it it will dart away
ragnarok

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
icarus wrote:
maby you should have a fuchikoma ish unit in battlescape

I'd quite like to have a go at some kind of single man tank unit if I get the time, although I think I'd lean more towards something like the Bonaparte in Dominion Tank Police (although that had 2 crew).

I just wanted to add that Bonaparte rocks me.
HunterXI

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

icarus wrote:
oh if you stay on the SAC website you will see the laughing man's logo hovering around
and if you try to click on it it will dart away

Hmm, I wonder what that could symbolise! [/sarcasm]

icarus wrote:
its just they had a perfect design and decided to throw it out the window and replace it with a less capable module

the origonal fuchi had 2 6mm mecheen guns rather than 1,
a mouler weapons mount that actual got used, (in SAC the moduler weapons mount always seems to be empty) some modules also had 2 hardpoints mounted on the shoulders, a smaller target profile, and the fuchi looked a lot cuter and more badass at the same time

The Tachis are more about personality than looks; and they aren't badass, they manage to be so incredibly hilarious, you never look back. Plus, they have one 1mm machine gun (with unlimited ammo, it seems), and they also have a modular port that can either have a Rocket Launcher (typical), or a huge-*** Rotating Machine Gun attachment (also with seemingly limitless amounts of ammo).

icarus wrote:
the one thing i do'nt get is

why does the major have a leather jacket as part of her infelrtation gear

in the manga
she wore an skin tight stealth suit

in the movie
she wore nothing (the stealth system was built into her skin)

but in the anime
she wheres a leather jacket

HUH?

The Leather Jacket isn't a part of any suit of any kind of hers, it's just her 'staple' in season 1. Also, the 3003's (Therm/Optic Camo) can also camo anything the user is wearing in SAC.

Fost wrote:
Well, If I'm right (I'm about 80% certain) Stand Alone Complex predates the original films, so I guess the Tachikomas predate the Fuchikoma design, and are an early incarnation of it.

Uh... You're not really right, sorry Wink

Fost wrote:
(Sadly with the ultra-sucky English voice-overs Sad Man they are really bad)

I'm glad you agree with me on that one. I (And everyone in my Anime choice block) really agree - for an English dub, they really couldn't have picked worse voices. Togusa's English replacement was acceptable, Batou's took the age and experience out of his, Kusanagi's replacement took EVERYTHING that was right about her voice out (namely, the you'd-be-scared-to-meet-her-in-your-life-because-you're-afraid-that-she'd-beat-the-s***-out-of-you), and the Tachikomas... They took voices that were supposed to sound maybe 8-10ish and made them sound like 4 year olds. And they made them as annoying as possible. [/rant]

Yes, in case you couldn't tell, I like GITS. A lot Smile
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HunterXI wrote:

Care to elaborate? I don't see how it can be set afterwards - since the major at that point has merged with that internet entity. ?

HunterXI wrote:

Me too Very Happy I prefer it to both the movies (which in regards to the first film at least, is sating a lot!)
HunterXI

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
HunterXI wrote:

Care to elaborate? I don't see how it can be set afterwards - since the major at that point has merged with that internet entity. ?

Actually, the Movies, the Anime, and the Manga all take place in different 'variants' of the same universe - The same universe with different key events. In the Stand Alone Complex variant, Project 2501 never existed (although that reference in the 2nd GIG opening was scary), and therefore never met the Major. Also, the first movie takes place in 2029, the first Episode of Stand Alone Complex takes place in 2030.

I know, it's confusing. Every GITS fan is forced to endure the confusion once... Wink

Fost wrote:
HunterXI wrote:

Me too Very Happy I prefer it to both the movies (which in regards to the first film at least, is sating a lot!)

While I do like the movies, I do have to agree - I prefer the manga and the Anime. Just in the absence of The Puppet Master, the world is more colorful, more fun, more enjoyable Smile
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HunterXI wrote:
]Actually, the Movies, the Anime, and the Manga all take place in different 'variants' of the same universe

ahh! that old trick! It all makes sense now, thanks!
HunterXI

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. Just making sure another fan isn't forced to realise the slimy truth themselves Wink
HunterXI

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the Double post, I just remembered something I meant to do while reading Man-Machine Interface a ways back (I'm posting before I forget).

Fost, do you have a scanner?

If so, could you scan Page 135 (and, of course, its Flipside) of Man-Machine Interface? Mine came torn in half, and it looked like something important was there.

Arigato Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Film Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: