FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Advertising sites
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> General View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Advertising sites Reply with quote

If anyone reading this: owns a website or knows someone who owns a website that could use some advertising revenue. Please feel free to contact us at any of the email addresses here.

All we need is a guarantee of how many impressions the advert will get, minimum of a 486X60 sized banner or better. As long as the price for number of impressions falls under the amount we will make a bit of money back, it's worth us doing.

All the little independent sites are great but hard to find, when we advertise with them everyone benefits. Unfortunately there are too many 'middle men' agencies buying up advertising space these days who want their cut. I would not mind so much but talking to them is like having your life sucked out of your soul Sad

So: if anyone can use the money, we would rather give it to a site that needs it than an agency if we can help it Very Happy
callmeminyme

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey i never understood how you actuly planed to pay... is it for the number of links to your site using that advertisement... or mabey how many hits the site gets with the advertisement displayed.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The website running the ad will have a system in place, usually you pay per 1000 impressions of the advert or the advert is showed in rotation with others for a fixed time period.
Fire Storm

Location: Michigan, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe 00356

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Bob and George offers 150,000 impressions for $20 a month.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Fire Storm! I'll get in touch with them. Cool comic too Very Happy I've missed that one, even though it seems really popular, it must have slipped me by...
Mystryon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would be nice is if there were say alot of Starscape fansites, then people would most likely advertise for free... Also here is an idea although it's a stupid one, and probably not worth doing anyways. But how about some kinda advertising on ebay? you know like put the d/l ver of the game up for a set price, I realize that ebay takes their cut as well, which would probably not make it as porfitable, thus the stupid idea part of it, but if you haven't looked into it yet, it's something you guys may wanna do....

Mystryon
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually we thought about ebay a while back, but had little time to look into it. Will definitely have another look, thanks for that.

Regarding fan sites, our user base is obviously not as big as most commercial games, so we hadn't expected anyone would be into making a fan site yet. Should anyone wish to, they are welcome to mail in, or ask here any questions about the game, or request any artwork in whatever format they would find useful for putting on their site (layered PSDs I assume). If anything is requested then we'll try to add it all to a downloadable pack.

Would be nice to sort out some affiliate system if anyone does a fan site; so at least they'll get a bit of pocket money to go towards the site costs!
Lothar
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject: fansites Reply with quote

my wife is working on building a fansite... it's not close to ready yet, though.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Very Happy
If you need anything, just let us know...
HunterXI

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen it advertised on weebls-stuff.com

HEY WAIT, THAT'S WEEBLE!!!!

lol, I just figured that out... Embarassed
01d55

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the best advertising you've ever had was when Brian Clevinger recounted his experience with the game on his front page a while back. At least, that's why I bought the game.
Weeble
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weeble != Weebl

But having been called Weeble for five years I'm not about to change 'cause some guy on the Internet has the same name. Maybe I should add a prefix or suffix? (Then again, I got confused by people talking about Weebles before and they weren't talking about me then either, so maybe I'm misunderstanding.)

Lord Weeble, Sorceror-Scientist.
HunterXI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weeble wrote:
Weeble != Weebl

But having been called Weeble for five years I'm not about to change 'cause some guy on the Internet has the same name. Maybe I should add a prefix or suffix? (Then again, I got confused by people talking about Weebles before and they weren't talking about me then either, so maybe I'm misunderstanding.)

Lord Weeble, Sorceror-Scientist.

hm, really? oh well, cant hurt to be wrong...

at least that's where I first saw about the game...
James

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming they're not joking (which doesn't seem likely) http://www.insertcredit.com/ have just started doing adverts on their site. Might be worth giving them a try. From the forum, they seem unhappy with their current banners (annoying "You've won! Click here!"-type rubbish).
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, I'll get in touch with them, I love insert credit but I always forget to look there for some reason!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: