FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Aegis Upgrades
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try reading a few posts back. It incredible how often ideas have been thought up before someone ever considers them. I'll bet everyone of my ideas has already been thought of sometime, somewhere else.

As far as position of slots or nodes or whatever, I was thinking put them at the "North" and "South" poles of the Aegis. That way there 90 degrees from the fighter bays. Besides there is nothing important in those areas anyway.

JJ: Why in the world are we cutting out the Life Support and Escape Pod sections of the Aegis?

Jameson: We need room for a new lab and cargo pod.

JJ: Well, don't we need to, I don't know, breath?

Jameson: Don't worry we're moving life support in place of the fuel tanks. Oh by the way you'll be needing this.

JJ: A snorkel? Wait where does the fuel get moved too?

Jameson: Braun mentioned something about a blue liquid and your office.

JJ: WHAT?!?

JJ storms off.

Jameson: I think I better call the med bay and tell them to prepare for a code white resuscitation...
DogBoy
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the idea of more options in the Aegis slots. But then one of the few things I don't like about the game is the Aegis power balance. It seems like in the first 3 levels the Aegis can more than take care of itself, protecting your ship if necessary by blowing away hordes of enemies, and then suddenly it's a liability which can't cope with more than 3-4 attackers at a time without making a huge fuss. I don't like that; I'd rather have more consistency.

While it would be cool to be able to build a super beefy Aegis the game might get a little pointless if both the Aegis and your fighter were just massacring everything onscreen. Maybe as a difficulty setting there should be a limit on the total number of technologies you can research, so that you can either focus on the Aegis (and make do with disposable Runabout fighters) or focus on your fighter (and resign yourself to constantly having to protect the Aegis), or somewhere in between.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Oooh... or when you visit the Xenarch you could have to choose whether to apply the technology to the Aegis or your fighter! "The new technology is hard to integrate with our equipment. Should we research it with our fighter craft in mind or for deployment on the Aegis?"
Magnulus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think it's cool that you have to take care of the Aegis later on. Since the tech-tree is very linear and follows the "stronger guns = stronger enemies" idea that I think can easily get just tedious (and the reason computer roleplaying games often falter without a proper quest system etc) if there's nothing else that happens during the game. The fact that you half-way through have to start paying attention to your mothership is a definite BONUS. It lends variety to the gameplay and, in fact, also adds balance.

I mean, in the early part of the game, it's good to have that hulk looking over you, taking care of itself so you can use your energy learning how to take care of YOURself. When you start to feel confident about your abilities in the game, it introduces a new aspect to keep you interested and on your toes.

This is pretty much like what World of Warcraft does when introducing you to team adventures and instanced dungeons and PVP and Battlegrounds.

The fact of the matter is that even though a hangar ship in a realistic situation could fend off some minor foes, it would be completely helpless against heavily armoured and armed warmachines. It's only logical.
DogBoy
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough. Maybe my point of view is skewed by the ludicrous, mind-warping experience of completing the game using only the runabout hull and minimal fighter technology. In that situation, when you enter a node and there are lots of enemies around the Aegis on both sides you are pretty much screwed. That's basically my fault for using a totally inadequate fighter on the harder levels.
Lothar
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DogBoy wrote:
Fair enough. Maybe my point of view is skewed by the ludicrous, mind-warping experience of completing the game using only the runabout hull and minimal fighter technology. In that situation, when you enter a node and there are lots of enemies around the Aegis on both sides you are pretty much screwed. That's basically my fault for using a totally inadequate fighter on the harder levels.

Exactly.

If you intentionally make the game harder for yourself, it doesn't make sense to tell moonpod they should make the game easier.
Darth Dallas

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True enough Lothar (o/~ of the Hill People o/~ couildn't help myself Smile) Thats the great thing about the way Starscape is now, you can give yourself a harder challenge, and it won't matter how many gizmos you can ultimately play with.

The problem that still remains though is balancing those gizmos and the AI, if you do get them.

Maybe one way to tackle a part of that aspect, is have some way of having the AI's toughness increase, the more the game recognizes that you've given yourself (or station) a larger edge. Like in health hitpoints or something.
Doom III

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wud be great if all these insanity modes find the way into starscape 1.6

Wink
hair65

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject: nike shoes and wigs Reply with quote

www.google.com online shopping human hair wigs and nike shoes for discount.wholesale lace front wigs and cheap nike air max shos online.where to buy high quality synthetic wigs and roshe run shoes is a best choice.
human hair wigs
cheap lace front wigs
full lace wigs
lace front wigs
cheap human hair wigs
cheap synthetic wigs
cheap wigs for women
cheap bob wigs
african american wigs cheap
afro wigs cheap
cheap full lace wigs
cheap curly wigs
cheap cosplay wigs
cheap wigs for men
cheap costume wigs
cheap hair extensions

cheap nike shoes
nike air max
nike air max 90
nike air max 90 womens white
white roshes mens
roshes women
cheap air max 90
air max 270 mens
nike air max 1 mens
cheap nikes online
nike sb janoski
nike skateboarding shoes
nike air force one men
nike air force 1 low
black huaraches
nike huarache women
air max 270
air max sale
nike air max sale
air jordan 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: