FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
So.... anybody still playing?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: So.... anybody still playing? Reply with quote

Stupid question but hey. Good to know who's still doing what.

I'm still trying to beat the game without upgrading my little fighter at all.
Doom III

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i came bak to starscape almost every 6 months

don know if everyone else has the same opinion as me but i play and buy mainly pc and console games and starscape is the only indies game that i ever buy

probably best purchase i made in 2 years

dawrinia is one game i nearly bought but it just didnt hook me like the scape did

hope the podders get time to update scape soon so theres more modes but i still enjoy playing through the whole game which im now on my 5th time seems different each time someways

anyone playd thru more Question
Darth Dallas

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the same as DoomIII, I play 3 or 4 games in a kind of cycle. Some of them are throwbacks such as X-COM, Rebellion, and I also have Star Trek Armada II, Starscape and Outpost Kaloki in the mix.

You can sort of tell what my machine can handle - not a whole helluva lot Smile

On the other machine, I rotate around games like COD 1 and 2, and recently Empire at War (they recently released patch 1.04 and the game editor so there might be some decent fan made stuff to give it more life).

There's not that much hard drive space on either machine so I have to uninstall and reinstall quite a bit. I haven't bought a whole lot of games lately, but the others are:

Galactic Civilizations (w/Antarian Prophesy expansion)
Freelancer (a Privateer-esque space/trading sim)

I want to get another copy of Starscape on CD-ROM, though I think I'll hold off until after the next patch. Galactic Civilizations II I hear is also rather cool.
Lothar
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play maybe once a week. Sometimes it's a marathon session, sometimes just 20 minutes.
Sorrow

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played it a lot hen i first got it...but have not really touched since...i have been meaning to start another game of it but keep getting distracted.

i am cursed by a WoW addiction.
Frelance

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, I wish I had a copy of X-COM (1 & 2) that would run on my computer. I found an old copy a couple years ago, but it ran too fast to play, so I just ditched it.
Japlish

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starscape like mcdonalds. no I don not mean it makes you sick and need toilet too often:) I mean you know you will be satisfied when you go there. Sometimes I just want to spend 30 minutes immersed in some game I know will satisfy, but I dont want something that is too shallow. Starscape is definite best cake mix of ingredients.

Starscape is game I always play on planes which I must take a lot for work. Has added advantage of annoys fat business men who i elbow in gut whilst playing Smile

mmm, maybe wrong with mcd. I dont insult Smile maybe like ultimate french restaurant but at price of mcdonalds Wink
Darth Dallas

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Frelance, I know there are utitlities out there like Dosbox you could use on your machine to help you make games like X-COM 1 and 2 to run. Unfortunately I've never had need of it so don't know much about it. Fortunately, I got a coupla links for you to check out:

I lurk and post here from time to time. Its also the home of another fan made X-COM game called Xenocide that's in development. You should be able to get some good help here in their technical forums.

http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/

Another news site dedicated to all kinds of games as well as other turn based or real time strategy titles.

http://www.strategycore.co.uk/forums/index.php?act=idx

If your old copy of the games won't run, I would do a search on places like ebay or something to find the Collectors edition. Far as I know, that version was made to run in Windows. Otherwise you might need something like Dosbox.

/end X-COM-ish hype Smile

Darn, now I've got a conundrum with my game rotation, cause now my brother lended me his WoW to install. Never played it, but seen it in action over at his house, and if he can't stop talking about it, it must be another form of game crack indeed.
Frelance

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EQ > WoW. WoW is pretty, and has some nice features, but the depth of content just isn't there, nor the strategy on the high end of group play. I've been playing Everquest for nearly six years, and there's still plenty to do & see, even without considering starting over with a new class of character to try things that way. Everyone I know who could be described as an actual gamer tried WoW and really liked it... for about four months. Then they all came back to Everquest, because they'd just kinda beaten the other game. There was nothing left for them to do.
Sorrow

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WoW is a bit of fun, it's all i ask for in a game.

Im personaly still missing the old Ultima Online...before they fired richard garrot and placed that moron "sunsword" in command Razz

Now that was a great MMO.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultima Online was fantastic, i'm not sure dumbing the experience down and moving towards "instancing" is a step forward or really a way to broaden appeal to the mass market. I wish they'd just stuck with UO and improved it, better graphics, better tutorials and more interesting quests would surely have done the trick.
Plasma Rifle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe some people like me come back to Starscape after 2 years away. Smile Some good new features to play with. This is one advantage of online registration scheme. I work in another country temporarily, and all my games are at home. One trip to moonpod.com later and Im armed with starscape unlocked to my laptop Smile Nice to store just your details and get the game whenever needed.

Replay value of Starscape is just to play through it once more. For a strabge reason, it does not get old. It still induces panic when I enter new zones and push a bit too far and the Aegis alarm sounds!!!!
hair65

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: nike shoes and wigs Reply with quote

www.google.com online shopping human hair wigs and nike shoes for discount.wholesale lace front wigs and cheap nike air max shos online.where to buy high quality synthetic wigs and roshe run shoes is a best choice.
human hair wigs
cheap lace front wigs
full lace wigs
lace front wigs
cheap human hair wigs
cheap synthetic wigs
cheap wigs for women
cheap bob wigs
african american wigs cheap
afro wigs cheap
cheap full lace wigs
cheap curly wigs
cheap cosplay wigs
cheap wigs for men
cheap costume wigs
cheap hair extensions

cheap nike shoes
nike air max
nike air max 90
nike air max 90 womens white
white roshes mens
roshes women
cheap air max 90
air max 270 mens
nike air max 1 mens
cheap nikes online
nike sb janoski
nike skateboarding shoes
nike air force one men
nike air force 1 low
black huaraches
nike huarache women
air max 270
air max sale
nike air max sale
air jordan 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: