FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
GameTunnel Presents - Top 10 Indie Games of the Year
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: GameTunnel Presents - Top 10 Indie Games of the Year Reply with quote

Check it out! There's some great (if obscure) games to check out here, all with free demos!

Also, at the main GameTunnel website, you'll find listings for individual categories, like best RPG, best Graphics, best Action Game, etc. I found it interesting that many of the category award winners I've seen mentioned here (Gish, Hamsterball, Outpost Kaloki), but there's still a lot of good stuff that I'd never heard of before. Enjoy!
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mumble stupid top 10 indi games
mumble stupid bandwhith limit
mumble stupid server overfow
mumble stupid unable to acces GT forms Evil or Very Mad
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, GT isn't run from a dedicated server, and this was also mentioned on slashdot main (not just the games forum).
guillett

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hmm... I can handle nearly one full GB of bandwidth per day...I think I'll pimp my site out on slashdot!"
<500 GB of bandwidth and eight hours later> "Blarg!!! I are defeated by the gamer hordes!"

Right. So, anyway, until GT is back in a fully operational state, here are the top 10 of 2004:

10) I of the Enemy <RTS> (Enemy Technology)
9) Revolved <Puzzle> (Alter Ego Studios)
Cool Smugglers 3 <Sim> (Niels Bauer Games)
7) Global Defense Network <Gallery Shooter> (Evertt)
6) Anito: Defend a Land Enraged <RPG> (Anino)
5) BreakQuest <Arkanoid> (Nurium)
4) Outpost Kaloki <Sim> (NinjaBee)
3) Hamsterball <Action> (Raptisoft)
2) Wik and the Fable of Souls <Adventure> (Reflexive)
1) Gish <Adventure> (Chronic Logic)

Personally, I find it offensive that there isn't a single Moonpod offering anywhere in the top ten... The awards must be rigged! I mean, it's almost as if Moonpod didn't release a single game in 2004...

Oh.

Never mind. Laughing
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the V5 pach was pretty fun
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guillett wrote:
I mean, it's almost as if Moonpod didn't release a single game in 2004...

Oh.

Never mind. Laughing

From now on we intend to get a release out every year, we've been slowed previously by business ****, some publisher shenanigans and switching to new shiny 3D technology, setting up a sustainable business is far from easy believe me.

That is all sorted now so it's full steam ahead. Smile

It would be nice if they did a best indie games ever (that still work in XP) section, then eventually we could dominate the entire top10. Twisted Evil
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poo Bear wrote:
It would be nice if they did a best indie games ever

http://www.freelancegames.com/

Hey, who's that at the top!!!

Very Happy
Doom III

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would like if moonpod did a roundup of their favorite games - most of the best game tunnel ones have been talked about here sooner. at moonpod there is less quantity and more quality (i guess i trust your recomended games , you cost me too much money - i buy more games because of discussion pod Very Happy )
Weeble
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
Poo Bear wrote:
It would be nice if they did a best indie games ever

http://www.freelancegames.com/

Hey, who's that at the top!!!

Wow, I own the top three and was planning on buying the fourth. Yay!

However, on review, I have none of those games installed and functional any more, due to system failures, reinstalls and migrations. And while I'm pretty sure I could get Starscape working again (I knew I should have upgraded to the CD version), I'm not so sure about the others. Do I just have an unusually short system lifespan?
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weeble wrote:
And while I'm pretty sure I could get Starscape working again (I knew I should have upgraded to the CD version), I'm not so sure about the others. Do I just have an unusually short system lifespan?

We did a check recently, and there are only about 20 people who ever used more than two codes with Starscape Shocked that really surprised me! I think programmers/techy people tend to do more system reinstalls - I used to be the same way, but since installing WinXp and always having a virus checker and firewall running, I've not had the need.

Even so, we've specced out a list of improvements to the key system just in case people still get the odd problem (after all, as time goes on, the likelihood of using up codes increases) so we are (I'm hoping this work will be done before Mr. Robot is released) going to make it even more versatile - probably by allowing 4 codes initially, and then additional codes on a timeout basis that is as yet undecided.

We are also working on some useability improvements whereby in the game you will be able to click a button - it asks you your customer password and email, and then connects to our website and does everything for you. The beauty of this is it will store your details, so if you buy any other games from us, just click a button and it's working. The manual system will of course still be in place (and we have already done a lot of work to streamline that over the past month) for those with no internet connection or firewall troubles.

Hopefully that at will be in place too for Mr. Robot's release. Until then - if you have any trouble just email us and we'll always sort something out - If you've bought a game, you'll be able to play it - that's what we believe is right and what we promise. I recently bought an indie game that uses softwrap - and you were tied to the machine you bought it on (so I couldn't play it at home). Things like this are such a pain, I'll certainly not be buying anything again that uses softwrap.
hair65

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject: nike shoes and wigs Reply with quote

www.google.com online shopping human hair wigs and nike shoes for discount.wholesale lace front wigs and cheap nike air max shos online.where to buy high quality synthetic wigs and roshe run shoes is a best choice.
human hair wigs
cheap lace front wigs
full lace wigs
lace front wigs
cheap human hair wigs
cheap synthetic wigs
cheap wigs for women
cheap bob wigs
african american wigs cheap
afro wigs cheap
cheap full lace wigs
cheap curly wigs
cheap cosplay wigs
cheap wigs for men
cheap costume wigs
cheap hair extensions

cheap nike shoes
nike air max
nike air max 90
nike air max 90 womens white
white roshes mens
roshes women
cheap air max 90
air max 270 mens
nike air max 1 mens
cheap nikes online
nike sb janoski
nike skateboarding shoes
nike air force one men
nike air force 1 low
black huaraches
nike huarache women
air max 270
air max sale
nike air max sale
air jordan 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: