FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Soldat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Soldat Reply with quote

I cannot believe that noone has made a thread about this. Soldat is the,
ooo, best Razz (equal) inde game i the world. Made by one man, it is a 2D multiplayer shooter. WARNING major gore alert WARNING!
But, the gore bounces around realisticaly with the mean as physics.

Moonpod, you need to pick up your act to compete with Soldat.

Click here to try it out
Hamish
Pod Developer
Pod Developer

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soldat is a very fun game but if you're comparing, Moonpod probably beat it in production values. If they made a similar game I think it could be just as good, if not better.
Ripdog

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, but i guess im more of a multiplayer gamer then a single. If moonpod made a similar game, one thing it would be missing will be gore.

PLEASE NOOOO!!!!1111
*ahem*

But if moonpod made it, it would be some kind of CS clone. We have enough of those already.
Hamish
Pod Developer
Pod Developer

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Moonpod have anything against gore. My game has many lovingly crafted, gruesome death animations. From simply bleeding from being shot to having your innards cooked with the microwave gun, or leaving a giant crater of guts from a direct rocket or mortar hit.
Ripdog

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Drools*
Give me a release date!!! I dont care if its fake! I want one so i can get all worked up then get dissappointed and then worked up and dissappointed and ect...
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battlescape may feature some pretty grim deaths too.

Sometimes I just can't fathom the opinions people form of us Wink
siirenias

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noooooooo! Now I'm addicted!
View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ripdog

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do hope you mean you are addicted to soldat! W00t! A convert!

Oh, and @ Fost, do you mean youll be able to see lumps of flesh flying across the screen with a ultra-realistic physics engine?
Didnt think so.

Also, my opinion came froim the fact that when you blow up, there no gore! LAME! (Just ignore my mental side.)
Hamish
Pod Developer
Pod Developer

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having gore particles as detailed as Soldat in an RTS game like Battlescape would be inpractical. Your framerate would slow to a crawl during a big battle.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ripdog wrote:
Oh, and @ Fost, do you mean youll be able to see lumps of flesh flying across the screen with a ultra-realistic physics engine?
Didnt think so.

Ultra-Realistic that phrase always worries me when people mention it. Soldat is inherently unrealistic - I mean the entire concept is - doesn't seem to stop it being a great game. There seems to be an obsession with realism amongst gamers that just scares me. Even when talking about Battlescape, people have been stressing that it has to be real to us. What does that actually mean? Probably that it would be no fun whatsoever, and quite unplayable.

I suppose what they mean is - they don't want anything to happen in the game that isn't explained by the game world, thus breaking the sense of immersion.

Anyway - it sounds like you will be impossible to please in that department! Very Happy and you should maybe give Battlescape and Mr. Robot a miss, and try Hamish' game when it's ready.
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hamish wrote:
Having gore particles as detailed as Soldat in an RTS game like Battlescape would be inpractical. Your framerate would slow to a crawl during a big battle.

just do what aoe does and leave mangled bloody corpses on the ground (more realistic and doesn't slow the game down (much)
Galleon

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soldat is a great game i havent played it in ages so its probably hundred million times better by now.

But I never cared much for blood and gore. I dont think you can measure how good a game is by how gracefully "lumps of flesh" fly through the air. but thats my personal opinion.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galleon wrote:
I dont think you can measure how good a game is by how gracefully "lumps of flesh" fly through the air.

Well, yes. You would have to be pretty naive/juvenile to use "gore simulation" as your metric for game goodness. I think the point of this thread is a) people think soldat is good and b) people think Moonpod make family friendly goreless games and soldat wouldn't be the same without the visceral violence.

I think Moonpod can and will make/publish a wide variety of games and as long as they are well/prominently rated then there wont be a problem with having some of them be adult themed. The main thing is to make sure the free demo is properly censored, the demo ends up being hosted all over the net and anyone can get hold of it. When someone buys the full version then they've talked to us directly and we've made sure they accept the game's rating. At that point it's ok to give them adult themed material especially if there is a no-gore/swearing password lock in there that they can use.
hair65

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject: nike shoes and wigs Reply with quote

www.google.com online shopping human hair wigs and nike shoes for discount.wholesale lace front wigs and cheap nike air max shos online.where to buy high quality synthetic wigs and roshe run shoes is a best choice.
human hair wigs
cheap lace front wigs
full lace wigs
lace front wigs
cheap human hair wigs
cheap synthetic wigs
cheap wigs for women
cheap bob wigs
african american wigs cheap
afro wigs cheap
cheap full lace wigs
cheap curly wigs
cheap cosplay wigs
cheap wigs for men
cheap costume wigs
cheap hair extensions

cheap nike shoes
nike air max
nike air max 90
nike air max 90 womens white
white roshes mens
roshes women
cheap air max 90
air max 270 mens
nike air max 1 mens
cheap nikes online
nike sb janoski
nike skateboarding shoes
nike air force one men
nike air force 1 low
black huaraches
nike huarache women
air max 270
air max sale
nike air max sale
air jordan 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: