FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Audiosurf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Audiosurf Reply with quote

I'd heard about Audiosurf before, but after I read a few reviews I thought I just had to try it.

It is awesome.

I just can't put my finger on what is so good about it... for those who don't know, you feed it whatever music you have on your computer, and it makes tracks. Slow parts of songs make the track go uphill, fast goes downhill, and the blocks you collect correspend to the beats (wait I haven't gotten to that yet). Faster music has more beats in hotter colours (which are worth more points).

You then drive along those tracks collecting coloured blocks in a grid below you, and try to make groups of 3 or more. It might not sound like much but you really have to play it to appreciate it.

There are different vehicles to drive in and each does something different. One removes the colours, leaving you with coloured blocks to collect and grey blocks to dodge, one can hold a block then release it later, one can shuffle the blocks you've collected, one even splits the road and gives you two different vehicles to control.

The graphics, while by no means cutting edge, are very stylish and suit the game well. The audio consists of your music (obviously) as well as sounds for collecting blocks and making groups (although you can turn them off if you just want to hear your music).

To be honest, I can't really describe it in words. From the reviews I thought "meh... could be interesting", however playing it is like "whoa!". I also bought the game before the demo ran out (you can only play 4 songs, then the demo runs out), which I practically NEVER do.

The only real downside I could find? As far as I'm aware, its only available on Steam, my old nemesis (OK, I had trouble installing the Orange Box... but I shouldn't), although this isn't an anti-steam post. I'd just like to point out that I DID have a problem with Steam when it came to this (after I bought it, it still thought it was a demo... after a little research I found all I had to do was restart Steam, but I still don't think it should happen).

The upside? The price... ten bucks provides hours of fun riding along all your music, competing for high scores, and a complete copy of the Orange Box soundtrack to boot. Would I recommend it? Hell yes.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does sound good.

I read an interview with the guy who made it and it was the top selling game on Steam during the launch month (i.e. it outsold orange box and call of duty 4). He wouldn't say how much money he'd made, but admitted it was a lot and was very happy. I'm jealous Embarassed
hair65

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:18 am    Post subject: nike shoes and wigs Reply with quote

www.google.com online shopping human hair wigs and nike shoes for discount.wholesale lace front wigs and cheap nike air max shos online.where to buy high quality synthetic wigs and roshe run shoes is a best choice.
human hair wigs
cheap lace front wigs
full lace wigs
lace front wigs
cheap human hair wigs
cheap synthetic wigs
cheap wigs for women
cheap bob wigs
african american wigs cheap
afro wigs cheap
cheap full lace wigs
cheap curly wigs
cheap cosplay wigs
cheap wigs for men
cheap costume wigs
cheap hair extensions

cheap nike shoes
nike air max
nike air max 90
nike air max 90 womens white
white roshes mens
roshes women
cheap air max 90
air max 270 mens
nike air max 1 mens
cheap nikes online
nike sb janoski
nike skateboarding shoes
nike air force one men
nike air force 1 low
black huaraches
nike huarache women
air max 270
air max sale
nike air max sale
air jordan 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: