FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Super Meat Boy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Super Meat Boy Reply with quote

The latest indie darling 'Team Meat' gets its mega hyped 'Super Meat Boy' release today on XBLA with wiiware and PC to follow. It's on special for 800 points (I think that's about 7). Anyone here tried it? Bought it? Hate it?

Previously indie darlings like Limbo, World of Goo, Braid all seemed to share certain key elements:

1. console
2. 2d platform game
3. offers one 'new' idea
4. looks ace

SMB ticks 1+2, but I don't see 3+4? It seems a fairly 'by the book' platform game with the stand out feature that is incredibly hard, but there have been many games in the past designed for challenge. It looks very nice and pixelly, but no more so than many other games.

I made it to level 5 (of 300) I think, before giving up Embarassed Just seems very very difficult indeed. Or am I that bad a gamer? The levels are small and restart instantly, but it wears thin repeating the same level over and over and over. You can't take your time and look ahead, you move too fast to have control over a jump. It feels like you need to learn the layout by rote and then execute perfectly to move forwards.

p.s. I bought Inferno instead, great game for a 2-3 hours of shmup thrills and all for the absolutely ridonkulous price of 69p????

Holly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't get it. I mean it's nicely put together but nothing special?
Rup

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I nearly laughed at the Streetfighter-2-homage intro screen at least. Yeah, it doesn't look particularly inventive but it might still be fun - I'll give it a go if I remember. For something new, from the video there looks like there's a 'multiball' mode somehow - I haven't seen that before in a platformer - but that's reaching a bit.

On the 'meat' note I bought an ipod game Meatstroke after it got a mention in the b3ta newsletter - and it's rubbish. It's a tilt-to-avoid-things game, and it's not a patch on the Top Gun game for that (N.B. the first one is better than the sequel). Apparently it's based on an Adult Swim cartoon, and I partly bought it because I really enjoyed the other Adult Swim iPhone game I've got, Amateur Surgeon (free web version).
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I was impressed by all the unlockable characters too - Braid, Gish, Spelunky, etc.

Don't get me wrong, SMB is really well put together, just more for the player who likes a tough challenge.

It seems odd to me that there are these game channels appearing with ~69p titles, the only way they can be profitable is to sell in massive numbers. The indie making Inferno tries to release one game a month (I don't know how he does it). One of his games he tried to sell for a bit more, 2 I think, it was a disaster, 69p was the ideal price! Crazy.
xslacker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys ,

I saw this shmup on this forum http://www.shmup-dev.com/forum/index.php/topic,2460.0.html Seems like a interesting concept .

but base on what the developers it is not being launch as yet but it might interest you Poo Bear.

Cheers
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, that's a cool idea. Bullet hell shooters though, I never really liked that genre of shmup, I just end up really concentrating on threading through a maze of death and not focusing on what I'm shooting at. Nice idea though, IF they can make it feel in sync with the music. I noticed one of the enemies seemed to be pulsing in time with the beat which is great, but then others didn't really seem that connected to the music. Definitely one to demo though.

Johnh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: Darn. How in the world does PooBear embed those youtube videos? Must be devhax, as I've tried about a dozen different ways to try to get it to work... Guess I'll just resort to links

0_o

Apparently this guy does a lot of arrangements of indie game music.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great music Smile

p.s. It's a security thing, but if I see someone post a link I always sort it out Wink
guyhard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great game, got it before christmas, was extremely annoyed during it's first price reduction (what was it, 5$ or something?)

I played until I got the Machinarium robot and was up to the final level of the End... I haven't played since the game decided to steal my 40th bandage, though. (And my robot)
hair65

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:42 am    Post subject: nike shoes and wigs Reply with quote

www.google.com online shopping human hair wigs and nike shoes for discount.wholesale lace front wigs and cheap nike air max shos online.where to buy high quality synthetic wigs and roshe run shoes is a best choice.
human hair wigs
cheap lace front wigs
full lace wigs
lace front wigs
cheap human hair wigs
cheap synthetic wigs
cheap wigs for women
cheap bob wigs
african american wigs cheap
afro wigs cheap
cheap full lace wigs
cheap curly wigs
cheap cosplay wigs
cheap wigs for men
cheap costume wigs
cheap hair extensions

cheap nike shoes
nike air max
nike air max 90
nike air max 90 womens white
white roshes mens
roshes women
cheap air max 90
air max 270 mens
nike air max 1 mens
cheap nikes online
nike sb janoski
nike skateboarding shoes
nike air force one men
nike air force 1 low
black huaraches
nike huarache women
air max 270
air max sale
nike air max sale
air jordan 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: