FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Kerio sunbelt firewall reports code injection
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape Support View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Kerio sunbelt firewall reports code injection Reply with quote

While playing the demo version of starscape, my kerio sunbelt personal firewall reports it has blocked a code injection attempt, listing starscape.exe as both the "culprit" and "victim". I haven't been able to consistently reproduce this, but it seems to occur whenever starscape opens a URL in my browser (e.g., a purchase link).

Does (a part of) starscape utilize any code injection techniques, or is this a false positive? And, if it's not a false positive, can I expect any problems if my firewall keeps blocking those attempts?
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a false positive, Starscape doesn't do anything like that.
danielle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How safe is my firewall behind a modem router? I've been using Zone Alarm firewall (free edition) for many years now & in all security tests it comes up as all ports in stealth mode, so hackers don't know you're actually connected. The problem is I'm no longer using dial-up & instead have a ADSL Ethernet Modem/Router- Hurricane 9200, it is now showing that ports 21, 23 & 80 are open as well as ping, the rest are showing as closed. I'm sure that beyond the router itself the ports on the computer's own IP are still in stealth mode but hackers now maybe KNOW that there is a computer there somewhere because of the router responses.

Last edited by danielle on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're using up to date, recent software (i.e. windows 7, IE9, etc) and have windows security essentials (free) running and up to date (or similar AV software) and you don't visit dodgy websites (warez, etc) and you don't click on suspicious email links and you don't download hundreds of random programs off the net. You'll be fine. I think it's easy to get a bit paranoid about this kind of stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: