FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Validity of indie reviews
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Independent Game Development View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

codergames wrote:
You should check your IQ, I'm not so sure that what you're saying applies in your case, they probably lied to you about having high IQ to calm down your psychotic episodes a bit. Its not working though.

You should check yours, I've never had a psychotic episode (and yes, a doctor will back me up on that). As for my IQ, it can't properly determined. The old schoolyard tale was that it was off the bottom of the scale. That's what you want to hear. I know the real reason, of course, but since all you're interested in (all you've EVER been interested in) is a personal attack, you don't care. I only became interested in a personal attack when it became clear you weren't going to listen to sense.
codergames

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

codergames wrote:
Laughing

Ah, the classic "I've got no response but I still feel superior to you" response. Just in case we didn't think this was a real flame war.
codergames

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just go out man, go to the park or go somewhere where there's a lot of green and inhale slowly deep breaths, with small pauses in between, don't forget to exhale and, as a start, just spend one hour doing so in the nature and you'll see, brain chemicals problem will be solved in no time.

But if you continue to play violent FPS all the time, it won't end good.
Slyh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

or Never argue with an idiot. Bystanders won't be able to tell the difference.

I'll not say who the idiot is in this case, although it should be quite obvious. This little flame war doesn't help any of you two to look particularly intelligent, though...
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

codergames wrote:
Just go out man, go to the park or go somewhere where there's a lot of green and inhale slowly deep breaths, with small pauses in between, don't forget to exhale and, as a start, just spend one hour doing so in the nature and you'll see, brain chemicals problem will be solved in no time.

But if you continue to play violent FPS all the time, it won't end good.

Please, don't pretend you know me, or know my problems. I know your problems. You've made them quite clear. But I'm not sure what walking fifteen minutes to a park at 10:30 at night when it's 13 degrees will do for me, but I can assure you it won't. All it will do is get me frustrated for wasting half an hour of my time.

And you're rather stupid for thinking I have a "brain chemicals problem". What causes Autism? There are a bunch of theories, but nothing concrete. I'm fairly certain, however, that if it were as simple as an imbalance in brain chemicals, and could be solved by going to a park, it would be a revolution in medical science. I also think someone would have figured it out by now. To borrow a line from Futurama, "You're a freakin' genius, ya idiot!"

As for how I "play violent FPS all the time"... no, sorry, I don't. Again, you're making wild assumptions without base, and using them for your groundless theories. How many FPS games do I have? On my 360, less than 5% of the games I have are FPS's (and I'd argue that Halo isn't particularly violent... yes, you're shooting things, but there's not much gore). How about PC? A look at the games I own in Steam shows that while I do have a few FPS's, they're far outnumbered by other games (and other than TF2, which isn't particularly violent, because it is in no way whatsoever grounded in reality), I don't play them that much. Do I like violence in games? Probably. I have the uncensored version of L4D2 (not so much because I wanted the gore, just that the censored version looks ridiculous). Does that make me a bloodthirsty killer? Yes, if you listen to TV. But no, it doesn't. I don't have the first clue how to use a real weapon (except maybe for melee weapons, but "hit things" are pretty simple instructions). And I'm a bit queasy around real blood, let alone injuries. So I'm not really desensetised to violence. Nor do I crave it.

So to reiterate, please don't pretend to know what you're talking about. It just makes you look more stupid. Although based on your previous actions, you don't seem to mind.

Slyh wrote:
Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

or Never argue with an idiot. Bystanders won't be able to tell the difference.

I'll not say who the idiot is in this case, although it should be quite obvious. This little flame war doesn't help any of you two to look particularly intelligent, though...

I appreciate you trying to be the voice of reason here. Hell, I know I should listen to you and heed your advice. The problem with idiots, however, is that they don't know they're idiots. And if you've been through what I've been through (and no, I won't get into it), you'd hate idiots as much as I do. And experience tells me that if you quit an argument with an idiot and let them get the last word in, they'll think they won. And they'll try to use that against you in future, or just to feel smug. And that I don't want.
codergames

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konedima wrote:

...I'm not sure what walking fifteen minutes to a park ... All it will do is get me frustrated for wasting half an hour of my time.

Walking fifteen minutes won't waste half an hour of your time, unless it takes 15 minutes for you to get to the park and get back home.

Konedima wrote:

What causes Autism?

The cause of autism and all other degeneration or mutation is industrial pollution. They don't want to reveal this as it would shutdown the industry.

Konedima wrote:

Does that make me a bloodthirsty killer? Yes, if you listen to TV. But no, it doesn't.

Psychotic people usually live in denial having the necessity to make others think of them as something different. Its the first step toward permanent damage.

Konedima wrote:

It just makes you look more stupid. Although based on your previous actions, you don't seem to mind.

I'm trying to help you, you just don't want any help. Maybe you should talk to your parents or someone close to you who would make you more comfortable? I can't help you as you obviously hate me for some reason and we don't even know each other. So, I'm going to stop as I'm making it worse. Peace brother, may God help you! Although God gave you a free will to help yourself, so be smart and do what's good for you.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, tsk! I take off for a couple of days to go to the seaside...

(so relaxing and peaceful I want to stay there forever)

... and when I come back we've got a flame war! Not had one of those in quite a while Smile

Now, of course, the thread will be locked. Remember, just try and keep it friendly and avoid inflammatory comments.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Independent Game Development All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: