FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Thoughts/issues/bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> User Adventures View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I've been able to download most of the other adventures alright. Overtime and zona rosa were no problem at all. I had small problems downloading push push jump - I wasn't able to download newer versions until I deleted the old version. Save Huey did weird stuff - I saw it in the download list but when I tried to get it, it didn't show up for me to play. I still saw it on the download list. I eventually found it sitting around somewhere in the program files tree - like it downloaded then didn't get copied into my documents. After manually moving it, it works fine. I've never been able to se Dr. Brain on the download list. I can synch with the leaderboard and download updates without any problem, and my network setup is pretty simple - tried running without a firewall etc, so I'm guessing its probably nothing like that.

Would you consider putting in a way to download the adventures from the moonpod site so they could be manually installed?

Idea This got me thinking - maybe there could be a download section on the site that only adventure authors could access - this could be a way of sharing incomplete adventures. Or example tutorial rooms.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The older problems were related to an old update and have since been fixed.
I wonder if there's still any problems left from that? Possibly try deleting everything in the install folder and then installing with the latest version.
Chrisj

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
Zharmad wrote:
Color-coding the different pixels to indicate their type and using layers for different rooms or different height.

Wouldn't you have a problem with overlapping blocks?

A room import button would be a handy addition. Best way for it to work would be if you create an existing room, then have the option to load a room config file in which would overwrite the current room.

How about a system that produces a script (similar to the Lua scripts handling room behaviour in the adventure, but much simpler) that describes the layout of the room? Something like:

Code:

Wall (0,0) (0,9)
Wall (0,9) (4,9)
Crate (2,7)
Crate (2,7) level 2
Staircase (3,4) (3,9) height 3

That could then easily be imported (and even edited by hand, if necessary, although that'd probably be a good way to produce something that doesn't work!) to reproduce the room, or to make slight variations.

Or, like Fost says, you could just use the existing system and have a copy/paste room button. Excuse me, I'll just go and turn my brain on.

Chris.

Last edited by Chrisj on Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be easier to import existing room file format I think. Not sure I follow why you would want to use yet another format?
punman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on a mapper / room rearranger / importer program. It's not useful yet, but its starting to get there. Once it's done I'll post a link

edit:
see http://www.moonpod.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=3469

Last edited by punman on Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
punman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poo bear wrote:
punman wrote:
I am still unable to download dr. brain redux after installing the update Crying or Very sad. Is there anything I can do on my end to get things working?

Sorry, can you download any at all or is it just that on that's missing? It isn't a very sophisticated download system.

punman wrote:
No, I've been able to download most of the other adventures alright ... Save Huey did weird stuff ... I've never been able to se Dr. Brain on the download list. I can synch with the leaderboard and download updates without any problem...

Fost wrote:
The older problems were related to an old update and have since been fixed.
I wonder if there's still any problems left from that? Possibly try deleting everything in the install folder and then installing with the latest version.

I deleted everything in the install folder and installed the latest download, cleared out the my documents/mr robot folder too. I can download every adventure except dr. brain and lost nanomeks, which are the only adventures that are not yet approved which made me think that somehow my name slipped off the adventure authors group, but then I noticed I could get fred v1.1 which is also not yet approved so its not that.

Edit: I am unable to get fred v1.1 - it was a local copy, not the online one.

Edit: The problem has been resolved -- my forum and my customer accounts were no longer linked. I think its because I changed my email in the forum preferences, but I am not sure.

Last edited by punman on Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zharmad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although, Fred has already been successfully approved before. Might that be the deal?

Or, do Slyh and I need to make some sort of tag?

- - -
As an aside, I am not having the impetus to finish off the southern half. It's almost done, actually - there's a very "alternative" puzzle down there but I fear no one will get to the end because a couple of rooms are unfair.

If only I could spend some time making another difficulty.

- - -
Hey, the update thing for user made adventures don't quite work for me either.. I guess I should reinstall everythng??
Zharmad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, having made a backup of the MyDocuments/MrRobot folder I can't see either my own and Slyh's adventures.

I also have Fred 1.1 now, from 1.0 before which couldn't update.

...is that why?? Rolling Eyes
Zharmad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I make a suggestion?

It seems that not many people are currently active in the adventure author's group, and this may not improve for a while. What if we decreased the number of approvals/removed its requirement for a kind of 'public beta'? For the latter, I mean that adventure should remain approved/unapproved for the sake of warning, but should nevertheless be available for everyone to download.

It might also enable me to download Blizgerg's and Slyh's adventures. I still can't see unapproved adventures. EDIT: v1.20 from http://www.moonpod.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=3470 didn't work.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zharmad wrote:
It might also enable me to download Blizgerg's and Slyh's adventures.

you don't appear to have linked accounts yet.What does it say when you look at them on the forum?
Zharmad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something like this:

Adumbrate

PENDING VERSION INFORMATION:

Mr. Robot User Adventure: AdumbrateAdumbrate
This adventure is a work in progress. I decided to go ahead and release a version of it because it is at a point where someone might find it fun to run around and explore or use some of the rooms for other room ideas. Some rooms are very difficult, there is almost always a way to go around.

PENDING VERSION: 0.1
CHANGE LOG:
0.1 My current work in progress and my second user adventure. I have been working on this on and off sense around March. I think it is at a point where someone who didn't really have to much else to do would enjoy wondering around trying to figure out how to

Approve Adventure

i.e. I can approve adventures. Also, when I log in to my account on the main site it says my profile is linked to this forum account as well.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something must be wrong then - the admin stuff on the forum doesn't have you as linked.

Could you do me a favour and forward your email/password for the game purchase account to nick AT moonpod.com and I'll have a look into it.

Could work it out, but it involves cross referencing loads of tables in the database and does my head in Smile
Zharmad

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, have just sent it.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be fixed now - apologies to anyone who has had trouble downloading beta adventures, they should be available now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> User Adventures All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: