FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Problems with my 360 Wired Gamepad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Mr. Robot Support View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Problems with my 360 Wired Gamepad Reply with quote

My problem currently is that if the 360 controller is used at all once the game starts, the character immediately begins running in all directions randomly (with a heavy downward slant). I *can* leave it plugged in and just not touch it, and control it with the keyboard just fine.

I have tried dead zones of 1 and 10 with no result, recalibrating with no result, running as admin with no result, and removing 3 cores from the program's affinity with no result. (Those were the usual suspects)

The gamepad works fine on Shadowrun and Halo 2 (only other games I currently use gamepad for).

Any ideas? I am running Demo 1.05

Vista Home Premium
Intel Quadcore 6800
GeForce 7900 GTX (newest release drivers)

Thanks!
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a 360 controller plugged in right now, in fact I hate using any other pad with MrRobot as the 360 one is so great!

I can only guess that there is some kind of hardware conflict somewhere or it isn't installed quite correctly perhaps? PC's are terrible when it comes to hardware compatibility. I'm running windowsXP though, not Vista, I wonder if that has something to do with it?

You could try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Updating the 360 controller drivers perhaps? It's a tricky one.
Tinsel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if it works for some people, and not others, is that the end of support then?

The pad works just fine with other games. There is no newer driver for it.

This is the only game it has problems with, I suspect because the dead zone either does not work with the left stick on the 360 pad or does not give enough of a dead zone at max value.

Well this will stop me from purchasing but thanks anyways.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poo Bear wrote:
You could try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Updating the 360 controller drivers perhaps? It's a tricky one.

Sorry, I was hoping the above advice might resolve the situation. Without being able to reproduce the problem I don't know what else to try. As I said, I have an X360 pad right here in front of me working perfectly.

The dead zone does work with the left stick. I prefer using the D-pad myself, but I've just tried it. With a dead zone of 3 the left stick is very sensitive, with a dead zone of 8 it feels about right.

There are only 2 possibilities.

1. a hardware/software issue on your machine that other games handle well and ours doesn't. We've no chance of fixing this.

2. something is different on Vista and we don't handle it properly. I don't have a vista install here. I know the game works on vista, but I don't think a 360 pad has been tested on vista. I think Fost has vista installed on his home PC so I'll get this tested.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Mr. Robot Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: