FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Newcomer Announcement !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> General View previous topic :: View next topic  

Poll Result
  What should Pandemonis do ?  

Move on. The game's not for you.
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Buy the game and stop bothering us.
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Buy the game and get the refund if you're not happy with it.
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Get the dev(s) to give you a full version for 5 days, and pay double if not happy with it.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Get the dev(s) to give you a full version for 1 day and make up your mind.
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Get the game for free, woohoo.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5  

Author

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:23 am    Post subject: Newcomer Announcement ! Reply with quote

Hello,

I have discovered this game with the latest edition of PCZONE released in the UK. I am a strong fan of puzzle games, independent gaming and gaming for fun, rather than for gaming for money.

While it sounds like I should be hooked up to Mr. Robot straight away, it took me a few hours of gaming and about two weeks to finish the freebie version.

Now, of course, that is a disproportionate number of hours of gaming per week, it should be 20h per week. Smile Minimum.

The main reason it took me so long to end the freebie was because of aggresive advertisment. I purely loathed the way I was interrupted in the middle of the game to be told that I needed to buy it. If I enjoy a game, and want it to play it more thoroughly, and support the devs that are behind it, I am ready to pay for it. Having to quit and relaunch the game every 15 minutes is an enormous pain in the main frame.

So, I decided to pop in the forum and ask a few questions:

1/How long is the full game estimated to take?

2/Is it "moddable" (ie, can players can create their own puzzles and everything) ?

3/The "combat mode" got a very Final Fantasy flavour in it, is it genuinely taken forward through the rest of the game ?

4/What's the difference between "Mr. Robot" version and "Starscape" version ?

5/Seriously, 15 quids ?

Thank you for your feedback !
SethP

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: Newcomer Announcement ! Reply with quote

Pandemonis wrote:
1/How long is the full game estimated to take?

2/Is it "moddable" (ie, can players can create their own puzzles and everything) ?

3/The "combat mode" got a very Final Fantasy flavour in it, is it genuinely taken forward through the rest of the game ?

4/What's the difference between "Mr. Robot" version and "Starscape" version ?

5/Seriously, 15 quids ?

Thank you for your feedback !

1) I can't recall for certain the exact hour count it took me to finish the game, but I did feel a sense of fulfullment and like I'd gotten good value for my money. I'd personally go with the game taking "the right amount" of time to finish.

2) Very much so. Check out the "User Adventures" forum if you want a look at some of the adventures other users have created, or if you want help creating your own. There's some truely fun stuff that's been made.

3) I felt the ghost hack (final fantasy) mode was very well done. I had a great time leveling up all my characters and getting all sorts of fun special abilities and new equipment.

4) They're completely different games. Mr. Robot is the puzzle solving/RPG combat hybrid that you're talking about; Starscape is a 2D arcade shooter/simulation hybrid that is an incredibly fun game in its own right. If you liked Mr. Robot, you should at least try the free demo for Starscape.

5) I've only got USD, so I'm not exactly sure how much the game costs, but whatever's quoted on the order page is the price. Moonpod doesn't slap you with hidden fees or exhorbitant "shipping and handling" if that's what you're asking.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Newcomer Announcement ! Reply with quote

Pandemonis wrote:
The main reason it took me so long to end the freebie was because of aggresive advertisment. I purely loathed the way I was interrupted in the middle of the game to be told that I needed to buy it. If I enjoy a game, and want it to play it more thoroughly, and support the devs that are behind it, I am ready to pay for it. Having to quit and relaunch the game every 15 minutes is an enormous pain in the main frame.

Sounds like something might have gone wrong there - I think the demo is limited to 1 hour and the demo area.

Anyway - it sounds to me like you just don't like the game. It's called a demo for a reason - it's supposed to give you a taste of the main game so you can make up your mind. there's nothing in the main game you won't have experienced, so if you weren't happy I think it likely you won't enjoy the rest of the game and would recommend you save your money for something you're more convinced of.
Dirty Harry Potter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally thought that the hacking was lackluster :X

from my experience there wasn't a whole lot equipment and whatnot..

And at some point it just got overly easy (probably different on the harder difficulty, but still), so easy that you'd win any fight sooner or later, so it became a bore, that combined with very large brainmaps, that you didn't always know in what direction to head called for some boring/drawnout hacking sessions imho :X
Agrajag

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I'm not all that enamored with the hacking bits either, the regular platforming parts are much more enjoyable. However the hacking does get much better as you go along. Later on you get more party members with different move sets. There definitely needs to be more variety in weapons, upgrades, and enemies though.
Weeble
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just like to chip in to say that if you finished the demo, I'd make a vague estimate and say you've seen maybe 20% of the game. You've still to see several new ghost hack robots you can use, most of the interesting ghost hack abilities, and a fair few new types of enemies. The puzzles get tougher and include more action, and there are various enemy robots and puzzle elements that you have not yet encountered. There are no sides of the game that the demo has not shown you, but it has really only given you a taste of each. I found the story quite engaging too.

As to the comments about quality of different parts of the game, I would say that I think the ghost hacking side of things would definitely benefit the most from more attention. The platform parts are not obviously lacking anything, but the ghost hacking could do with some more interesting items and something to break up the monotony of the long wandering hacks later in the game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: