FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
PushPushJump
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> User Adventures View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: PushPushJump

Mr. Robot User Adventure: PushPushJumpPushPushJump

This is an adventure I put together to help me learn how to use the editor. My target difficulty was something that I would find fun and challenging. Have fun and enjoy! You can post comments on the forum or send me a message at blizgerg at gmail.com

CURRENT VERSION: 0.7
SethP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really like to approve your adventure, but every time I try and run it the game crashes. Is this happening for anyone else, or is it just me?
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, first problem is, any .txt files get copied to the chat folder. However, there's several text files containing notes, and they get copied there, then the game tries to load them and fails.

Will have to have a think about that and how to handle it. Currently, if you delete anything in the chat folder after download it then moves onto the next error - which I'm just looking into...
SethP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured out what the problem was -- there's only one .txt file that contains notes in the chat folder. The other 3 were .lua.txt (silly notepad, wanting to save everything with a hidden .txt extention), which needed to be renamed as just .lua and moved into the rooms folder. I did that, and the adventure at least starts now (I haven't tried playing anything yet).
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the other error seems to have miraculously disappeared Rolling Eyes

try deleting everything in the chat folder for that adventure (should be adventure 9 in the my docs/unofficial folder).

Will look into a way to sort this out - perhaps I should discard any text files not in a chat folder? I was hoping you could just zip up anything and it would work though.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SethP wrote:
I did that, and the adventure at least starts now (I haven't tried playing anything yet).

Oh, cool! You should be able to upload over the top of this as long as you keep the same name in games.config and up the version number a little.
SethP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
SethP wrote:
I did that, and the adventure at least starts now (I haven't tried playing anything yet).

Oh, cool! You should be able to upload over the top of this as long as you keep the same name in games.config and up the version number a little.

Unfortunately, when I try, I get the error that the adventure's name has already been reserved by another author.

Edit -- Sort of a side question, how many authors need to approve an adventure before it goes into the download system? And is there any way to see the number of approvals the adventure has already received?

Last edited by SethP on Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Blizgerg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the .txt files in there are notes. Even the .lua.txt files are. (well they are scripts that I discarded but were still useful to me as reminders on how to do things)
I can tick the version number and upload a version without any of the .txt files in it if you like.
Edit: Did that.
SethP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blizgerg wrote:
All the .txt files in there are notes. Even the .lua.txt files are. (well they are scripts that I discarded but were still useful to me as reminders on how to do things)
I can tick the version number and upload a version without any of the .txt files in it if you like.
Edit: Did that.

Awsome. Other than that, the adventure's great -- except for room z1melody, I'm not smart enough to beat that :-/
Blizgerg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trick for z1melody is to figure out the full effect of each switch and write it down. Then, do an on paper workthrough of the problem. (That's how I solve it.)
OFC you can get lucky and just keep smashing the buttons and trying to get them all to go down. Wink I did it that way a few times too.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Hint: the minimum solution is five switch presses, no repeats
SethP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blizgerg wrote:
The trick for z1melody is to figure out the full effect of each switch and write it down. Then, do an on paper workthrough of the problem. (That's how I solve it.)
OFC you can get lucky and just keep smashing the buttons and trying to get them all to go down. Wink I did it that way a few times too.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Hint: the minimum solution is five switch presses, no repeats

Awsome, thanks for the tip!

@moonpod: I can't download version .6 of PushPushJump from within the game. Any suggestions?
Inane

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SethP, because of an error that caused people's saves to be erased, Moonpod disabled the downloading of user adventure until the next update.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you can view the latest unapproved version if you are a member of the adventure authors group, but make sure to back up any saves you want to keep. We need to get version 1.02 out to fix some issues.
Blizgerg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you view the latest unapproved version?
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's listed above there should be:

current version details (which are currently blank for this adventure because it needs 3 approvals - note, you can't approve your own adventure Smile )

---line---
pending version details - only shown if you are a member of the adventure authors group.

Also, if you are a member of the authors group and have linked your board/customer accounts, then when you get the updated list it will give you unapproved adventures.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> User Adventures All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: