FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Too fast/Stuttering Music in Starscape Demo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape Support View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Too fast/Stuttering Music in Starscape Demo Reply with quote

Hello,

i played the 1.4d Demo a while ago and nearly bought the game then. Did not encounter any bugs. But i did spend my money for another game at this time tough (sorry :p) and forgot about Starscape.

I downloaded the 1.5c Demo yesterday to give Starscape another try and i experienced serious issues with the music.

Its playing WAY too fast and stuttering at the same time (dont know how to describe this. It sounds like an old .mod file played with too high BPM setting or something).

I found an old Backup-DVD of mine with the 1.4 Demo and reinstalled it - and music is messed up too there.

Im now using the same software/OS (Win2000) when i first played the 1.4 Demo - besides from updates to OS and Drivers of course, so i think its related to my new Hardware somehow.

I upgraded from AthlonXP 3200+XP, 1GB RAM, Radeon 7600PRO to an Athlon64 X2 4200+, 2GB RAM, Nvidia 7300GT.

Maybe there are timing issues with the two cores or something? (the Demo of Galactic Civilisatons II for example has graphic issues on Dual Cores).

All other games (mostly Shooters) running fine without any problems.

Edit:
Actually this IS a Dual Core issue. I started the game with restriction to the first core and all stuttering is gone. Im gonna test this through a while.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information. We don't have any dual core cpu's here so this issue never came up. We just use OggVorbis for music playback, an open source library. It might just be a case of updating to the latest version. I'll look into it.
manWithoutFace

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for answering.

I played around with 1.5c Demo a bit yesterday trying different priority- and coresettings and i can say it gets worse the more CPU-Time Starscape gets but is definetley gone when starting with Restriction to one cpu-core.

And its a musicissue only. Soundeffekts (shoots, explosions, docking) are playing fine even with two cores (at least when music is turned of).

So this Library for ogg files might be the source of this bug.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: