FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Sep-05: Mapmipulator
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Developer Diary View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Moonpod Developer Diary RSS feed -RSS Feed
Shad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
Sometime this week or next week (probably Wink)

/me claps wildly!

a christmas / hanukkah / {insert relevant winter holiday} present for all of us...!!
jollyreaper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnulus wrote:
I need to say that your character designs and general style of art for this game is superb, Fost. Your execution of the game's graphics continue to amaze me and I hold the opinion that you rival many of the bigger industry games in terms of style. I will go to the point of comparing you to the style of World of Warcraft in the sense that you've proven that less can be more, and that you keep a "bouncy" style that seems to be impossible to tire of.

I love what you people are doing in general, but right now, and since I'm a graphics-head, it's easier for me to praise the art. I am sure I will praise the rest when it's finished as well.

I'll second that, the art here is visually engaging. I saw a few modern games over xmas, CivIV and Dawn of War. The add-on for War was terrible but the original had a lot going for it graphically. There were neat little details like the giant mecha picking up their opponents and thrashing them. The weapons effects were so pretty you'd forget to pay attention to the battle. The blood splatters on the terrain were a nice touch as well. The only problem with Dawn of War is that it's campaign is too short! I'm not an online play kind of guy, just don't have the time for it. Even a cool game like Navy Field just eats up too much time. I can't sit around for three weeks leveling, I need to get as much bang for the buck out of my gaming time as possible. Still, pretty!!! CivIV also has lots going for it in the pretty department. Cool 3D models, zoomable to very close-up views, the only problem is that the game runs like a pig on my rig and it's not a bad machine!

Anyway, back to Robot. I like the look. There's just an "interesting" factor at work here that makes things easy on the eyes. The door animation was the first thing from the game I saw in motion and it moves well. Can't wait to see the playable demo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Developer Diary All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: