FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
List of weird things on SS
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape Support View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: More stuff Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
If you go into the config file and set r_forcefullscreen = true it will force it on.

Not quite. You wrote this last night after that huge curry didn't you? The curry euphoria has affected your mind Wink. Which is fair enough really Smile.

You need to make sure your config has

r_fullscreen true
r_forcewindowed false

[edit]
The curry euphoria has also gotten to me. The lines above are to make sure it's fullscreen, for windowed you should have

r_fullscreen false
r_forcewindowed false

if that doesn't work then you can fall back to

r_fullscreen false
r_forcewindowed true
[/edit]
Darth Dallas

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have the numlock thing going on here too. I haven't been able to pinpoint why it disables it as I try to turn off everything unnecessary before playing. At first I thought it was my keyboard (I've had it for quite some time now)
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The numlock thing sounds pretty weird. It's never happend to me, either at work or home, and I use USB/PS2, and have a multi language setup at home for my wife.

Can you think of anything 'non-standard' about your machine/software setup that Starscape might have a conflict with? Also, which OS are you running?
starscape junkie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okie, after a little tinkering, i found out that my keyboard is a.) really wierd with starscape and b.) not a normal keyboard.

First the wierdness, the numlock, capslock and scroll lock lights all go out when starscape starts up. When you attempt to type in a document or window, the caps lock and scroll lock lights come back on, and are working, numlock stays off however.

The only really different thing about my keyboard( and i never even noticed these before) are three keys, wake,sleep and power, where printscreen, scroll lock, and pause are located on a normal keyboard.

Im running Windows Me, with an ATI "all-in-wonder radeon" vid card with some norton utility and spy sweeper running in the background. I also use a gravis gamepad pro to play Starscape. Regional Setting is for Canada.

The keyboard itself is a "ortek technology inc enhanced keyboard" Model Number MCK-600W and it registers as a "standard 101/102 key or microsoft natural keyboard" in the device manger.(and the warning label reads like it was written by a three year old)

Hope this helps.
Ripdog

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: More stuff Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
starscape junkie wrote:
when you have a devestator loaded with blaster 4's, the fully charged animation only appears on one side of the ship.

Noticed this the other day, it may actually be correct and is related to power output on the ship. I think if you put in a level 4 generator and lots of well rated batteries then you get all blasters charging. Not sure about this, so we'll double check it.
Yea, this happens to me as well and i have plenty of power thru the whole charge. (I watched the power bar.)
It dosent really matter but it looks pretty lame-***.
siirenias

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just like to say that the Aegis bay door never stays open long enough. It drives me nuts that it seems to always wait until I am nearly there to close. Then I bump into the Aegis. Grrr. Can you possibly make it stay open longer, without hoverign around the Aegis? (the bay will stay indefinatly open if you stay within a close proximity to the ship. I sometimes do this when confronting an enemy swarm and want to have the support firepower of the Aegis and her main cannon.
View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ripdog

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad I once died from bumping into the aegis! No, it wasnt the door, just the corner. I had one health (I had lost my devastator Mad ) in the runabout and hit the aegis and blew up.

It didnt really matter but it was tedious having to waste resorces on repairing the runabout.
jmhman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Game not playing by the rules Reply with quote

I'm on my first play-through of Starscape, still in the first zone, but the game isn't following the rules. As I understand it, the worms are supposed to stay in their node until all cap ships and the boss in the zone have been destroyed. Well, in my game, they come out with three cap ships and the boss still alive and kicking on the grid. There are four of the minelayer ships moving around and if any of them dies, I get that stupid "It seems the indigenous species have the ability to move between nodes..." even though the whole board is lighting up red with cap ships. What gives? Is it because I'm using just an unlocked demo version? I'm gonna try redownloading and making sure it's patched up six ways to Sunday and then starting over, but it's darned annoying. The demo that I unlocked was downloaded two days ago, so it should be up to date, right?
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you are seeing a bug and if you downloaded 1.5c from our website then you have the latest version. I suspect you have been in zone1 for a long time and have killed a great many enemies. Once you discover the location of the zone boss the way forward is open and the game keeps an eye on your progress and tries to get you to hurry along.

Some people seemed to want to stay in zone1 long after they should and just build up a hugely over powered arsenal. They then found the rest of the game way too easy and quite a few complained. I was quite conflicted about this, I like open ended games that don't dictate your path or play style, but it seems quite a few need a little push in the right direction Smile . I know you can't please everyone, but I was hoping I had it just about right.

I'd suggest you move on to zone2, remember you can always come back later with a much tougher ship and teach those space worms a lesson Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape Support All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: