FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Strategy Game in the Works
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Independent Game Development View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:46 am    Post subject: Strategy Game in the Works Reply with quote

I'm currently working on a strategy game for the PC that has the feel of console type strategy games (I don't know why, but most PC strategy games feel like an Excel spreadsheet with graphics.) The goal is to create a simple but fun game that has depth.

I have a Development Diary Gallery if you would like to check out some of the work in progress (VERY EARLY STAGES.)

http://lostlogic.com/postnuke/modules.php?set_albumName=lldevelopment&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Thanks!
Lostlogic
View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Smile Are you going for something along the lines of Fire-emblem/tactics Ogre?

I love those sorts of games - I'm playing the sacred stones on gba right now.
Jovan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool game Smile The little battle system reminds me of Advance Wars.
Lostlogic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
Nice Smile Are you going for something along the lines of Fire-emblem/tactics Ogre?

I love those sorts of games - I'm playing the sacred stones on gba right now.

Yes, it is similar to the Advance Wars and Fire Emblem games. I'm adding some twists for this game to set it apart (that and multi-player over the Internet.)

Thanks for the nice comments. Smile
View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Doom III

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with fost you should try gameboy sacred stone (if you dint already).

the other day i was thinking how much i loved the characters and cant bear to finish a level with one of them killed. i care for the characters in that game more than any other i played (including starscape. i know a lot of people might think thats not saying much but for me it is. i really love the characters in starscape and hope we see more of them soon:))

was looking on the net to see if people felt similar to me and found a gamegirl advance post that says exactly what i was thinking >>>

http://www.gamegirladvance.com/archives/2005/05/24/why_do_we_care.html#000826
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be worth checking out Lands Of Lore, another indie game which looks (on the face of it at least) to be along similar lines.
gray

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's land of legends and actually a very fascinating title Smile. i had the opportunity to try out the beta version and its extremely simple and easy to understand while offering the possibility to make really complex moves.
i'll get the full version for sure (it will ship around 20th september from gamersfront) - and honestly i hope there will be enought other players of the game to have a filled multiplayer lobby all the time. so this is the reason of my little "advertising" here Smile try it out and dont let the graphics fool you Smile
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gray wrote:
it's land of legends

Doh! Mind, is leaking out in old age unfortunately. It's another one of those games I have on my 'must check out' list, but I have so little time these days (plus The Sacred Stones seems to be eating into any game time I have:))
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Independent Game Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: