FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
February-05: Heavy Metal
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Developer Diary View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Moonpod Developer Diary RSS feed -RSS Feed
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BluePhoenix wrote:
quick question: Why javaScript?

What else could I use? (other than flash I suppose)

It works in realtime remember - if you select two products, cd-rom options etc, the total updates without a page reload - it's pretty nice actually, and I've always liked it when sites did that. Even works with multiple currencies.

If you are aware of a better way though, I'd love to hear your ideas (I'm certainly no expert!)

It does of course work without java, but I'm not sure exactly how I'll handle that - there's maybe two ways I've seen done before:
1: A button 'update subtotal' that refreshes tha page and is only visible if javascript is disabled in the customer's browser.
2: Auto refresh the page on any change to the selection (although this would probably need javascript too so probably wouln't help)
Flumpaphone

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking over the previous diaries, I think I have said this every month: Mr. Robot is looking fantastic. I probably should not say this, but I am just going to take a risk and buy it the second you make it available. Very Happy

The picture of SAMS-1 pushed me over the edge. He is a very smart looking robot indeed, and who does not like robots?
Doom III

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! - My new wallpaper is Samson and everybody wants him when they see him. now have 5 confirmed machines with samson wallpaper, and more people asking where to get it. he is the crazy frog of wallpapers (only not ****)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Developer Diary All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: